pat xviii.

"KARA!" Auggie's voice explodes through my phone the second I press the screen to my air, "You need to come here! I've fallen over in the shower and broken my entire body!" 

"Wait—are you serious?" I ask, already slipping my converse onto my feet. Scout was sitting down on the floor, wagging her tail and smiling up at me. Her head was cocked slightly to the side just as confused as fuck as I was. "Can you move?" 

"Barely! Oh—ow—everything hurts. I could barely grab my phone to call you." He sighs dramatically into the phone as I grab my phone and the house keys. "Please come quick!" 

"Okay, are you at your house?" I question my panic growing more wild inside my head. I open the front door and hurry out to the elevator. It would quicker than going down the stairs because god know I'd trip and end up in the same situation as Auggie. 

"No, I'm at my family's summer house. I'll send you the address. Just grab an uber or something and I'll pay you back for it!" Auggie shouts and for a second, I swear I could hear splashing and squealing in the background. 

Either he's not alone in that shower or something else is going on. 

"Okay, I'm coming. Try calling the other guys, they might get there quicker." I explain as the doors open up and I step inside. The good thing about this crappy elevator is that it still gets signal from inside. 

"I will! Please hurry my knight in shining amour!" Auggie said and it almost sounded like he was smiling. I brush it off and hang up the phone as I start ordering an uber and typing in the address Auggie sent me.  Luckily, one was close by and was waiting outside as I exit the apartment complex. 

"Kara?" The driver asks as I slide into the backseat and glance up from my phone at him. 

"Yup, if you can get me there quicker, I'll pay you extra." I explain as the driver nods and turns around, "Trust me, it'll be triple more than you're expecting." 

"Say no more." The driver says before he presses on the gas pedal and pulls away from the curb. 

I was nervous as hell during the drive there. It was about an hours drive, of course, and even though he sounded fine on the phone, I couldn't help but fear for the worse. When I panic, my train of thought gets so jumbled up. 

Or as I like to call it: The Anxiety Express. That bitch can go for miles. 

I just hoped one of the guys had gotten there first and were helping him out. He knew how far away I lived and yet he called me? 

It kinda made me feel happy knowing that he'd depend his life on me but then again, it could be because my name was at the top of his recents because he calls me at every damn minute of the day. 

The sun had set by the time the car was driving through the Hamptons. I hadn't been back here since a couple weeks ago. When I met the four guys that would soon become some of the closest people to me. It's seems bat-shit crazy when noticing how much has happened since then.