Chapter X

i'm coming home

i'm coming home

It was strange, being here again after so long. Despite how long I'd been away, I still remembered everything about the place; the blue hydrangeas planted in the front yard, the soft tinkling of the wind chimes that reminded me of summer afternoons. The white and blue paint had faded since I had last seen it, but I still recognized it. It looked like the color of the sky before a bad storm.

I walked up to the door, dragging my luggage behind me. I raised my hand to knock, but I stopped. I took a deep breath, and forced myself to hit the door. I heard the "ding-dong" sound coming from inside, and someone running to get the door.
It opened slowly, and my mother's warm, loving face was revealed. I embraced her in a tight hug, suddenly unsure why I hadn't returned in so long.

"Tera!, i missed you so so much! did you not get any motion sickness? did you eat a lot there? have any friends? wait! you don't have boyfriends right?"

she hugs of gentle arms that still gives the space to breathe "mom, you're asking too many questions. and please let go of me *chuckle*"

"oh dear i'm sorry," she gently lets 

"i miss you too mom"

with such, she gave me one last gentle hug and said "ohhh i just can't take it. you've become a grown mature gorgeous lady now, your father and brother would be so proud of you"

"Mr. kinzeki and Armand? "

she looks at me with with anticipation and concern. "dear, you should stop with the mr. already fufu and yes, both of them kept on babbling of how worrisome they were about you."

"b..but"

"what is it dear?"

now that i think of it, Luke never mentions about Armand. "it's nothing but are they at home?"

"oh! not yet, they were supposed to buy some cake right now but i told them to do it later. i guess, you brother really did want to buy one for you fufu"

"him? are you sure mom?" 

who would've thought he'd do such a thing for me

"anyways, enough about this, hurry come inside and go arrange your stuff in your room."

it's amazing when i see my mom get excited to see me again, My smile grows of its own accord. 

*         *          * 

i opened the door to my bedroom and as i look at it,  A small single bed, looking like a snow drift, so white and feathery and high was it; one window curtained with a square of starched white cotton cloth that drew over the panes by means of a white cord on which it was run at the top; a tiny wash-stand with an old-fashioned bowl and pitcher of green and white stone-ware, and over it an old-fashioned gilt mirror; a small splint-bottomed chair and large braided rug of red woollen rags. That was all, except in one corner, where some cleats had been nailed to the ceiling and a clothes-press made by hanging from them full curtains of white cloth.