Chapter XI

"Tera? what's wrong?"

it's not 7pm and the dinner starts at 9pm, clearing my thoughts Luke is basically going to pick me and Armand up at around 8:30pm....... somehow anxiety, concern and fear seems to sum up my mind right now.

 but it's all rubbish really, isn't it? When we choose to be brave instead of being the puppets of fear everything get's better. So I'm gonna make the choice that's right, the one I believe in. 

"hey?"

as i was lost in thoughts again, i realized that Armand has been looking at me with such concern facade. 

"i-uh it's nothing, it's just a slight headache"

"tsk, you should've rest first we still got time."

now that i think about it, Armand's personality changes as well not just him but Luke and my mom. 

if i were to put define Armand's feature right now, he really does look alike like his father. handsome and gentle. He had smooth flawless skin, which was like a sheet of well done cloth. His eyes, which was under his burgundy short black hair, glinted under the moonlight. He had high-bridged nose that was among his two eyes.

"what? is something on my face?"

i shake my head as i said no to him, then suddenly

"you seem to change Tera..."

"ha? what do you mean?" 

 "you've been spacing out a lot when you got back home. did something went wrong at US? wait... did someone bullied you there?!"

oh... that's the cocky way of speaking i've known him in the manga. 

"not really. i kind of had fun there"

it's actually Luke's fault

sigh* i hope this'll work out right.

_______________________________________________

"Tera! someone's here to pick you up"

ah.... he's here

eh?

Luke enters, but walks in with a bouquet of flowers as he holds it.depriving the senses of light and sound for just long enough to peak their fear.  The next moment was maximum intensity: Tera's eyes widens in shock. 

He saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it. A small smile played on his lips, I guess he gets that a lot.

"Tera, welcome back"

His voice is warm and rich

he offered the bouquet of flowers as i  held the flowers as if they were joy fashioned into delicate petals. The flowers are white and the yellow nectar looks sweet. The petals fan widely over the canvas and sometimes when I pass it I think I can almost detect a fragrance. On the top is a layer of dust, however, the center of the bouquet was a single blood colored rose.

shaken to that, i look at Luke with his bashful smile. but to me, they were fearsome.

"thank you" i look side and ignore the eyes of Luke who looks as if he longed for me to hug him.