Chapter 21

~Nicole's POV~

Dalton and I have been in the car for about 3 hours and in those 3 hours I realized how much I can get so bored.

To start off the first hour Dalton made this astonishing comment about how to not sleep around with random guys when looking for my mate. I was about to rip out his throat for his comment and in the same time I just wanted to cry. I hate that I am known for sleeping around when I never even started in the first place. I worked hard to fight off the tears that threatened to escape, but I was able to hold them back as there was dead silent for at least half a hour.

After the embarrassing first half a hour I couldn't take it anymore and turned on the radio. I go to 101.9 the mix and heard the best band ever, One Direction. I instantly smiled and then started to sing along to there perfect voices. I am not an idiot to know I will never be able to be with any of them, but a girl can be obsessed with incredibly good music. Dalton tried to change it, but I smacked his hand away and yelled at him for being an idiot. We started to get into an argument about how dumb or amazing One Direction. Let's just say the angry purple bruise on the side of his face shows everyone who is right.

That argument lasted about a hour. So we are now 1 hour and 30 minutes in and Dalton finally stopped by a McDonalds to get something to eat. The drive through was backed up that it was a collision waiting to happen. We decided to go inside and the first thing I notice was there was one person working behind the counter and she is the sluttiest woman I have every seen. She was going completely against the dress code. I have been to plenty of McDonalds and I have never seen one person out of uniform. There are places out there that have that one person everyone wishes that they were fired and I just found the one for McDonalds. The only thing that you knew that she worked there was her name tag which was literally resting on her right nipple so anyone who wanted to say her name they had to look at her right breast. She has dark brown hair with matching dark brown eyes with too much make up on. She wore a midriff tight fitting white type, it is more like a bra than anything else. Her shorts were literally jeans in underwear form. I have a really strong feeling that she is wearing hooker shoes that added at least 2 inches to her height. 

She sees us walk in and notices Dalton right away and got this "sexy" smile. Jeez, I was never desperate for that type of attention. I rolled my eyes as I walk up with Dalton by my side. Her eyes were still on Dalton as she said "How may I help you handsome?" She says that with a purr and I could feel Dalton make a face. I was able to keep the smirk off my face as the girl seemed to be a little surprised that someone tried to not flirt back to her. 

He looks at her and says "I will have two bacon cheeseburgers plain and your manager to tell you how bad you are at your job unless you stop flirting with me as a disgusting prostitute." He got out his money as the girl stands horrified with her mouth gaping open and her hand hovering over the keys of the register. The best part though was there was now a line to get to the food. The 30 people standing behind me, including me, burst into laughter as people yelled out "FINALLY!"'s and some were falling onto the floor with how hard they are laughing. 

Dalton was able to pay and lead me to a booth in a corner. He asked "What drink do you want?"

I replied "Pepsi please." He smiles and gets up to leave. For the next 15 minutes I wait for the food to come and about 5 different guys approach me and ask me some questions. They asked stupid things like if I wanted to go on a date with them yet I could tell in there eyes that they just wanted to have sex with me then leave me. Now I am on bachelor number 6 and man he couldn't take a hint. He kept coming closer to me and even tried to move in next to me. I realized that I was trapped and he was about to kiss me when a familiar voice came through which I was grateful for. 

"Is there a problem here?" Dalton glared dead at the guy.

He said "I am just asking out this beautiful girl yet she is to idiotic to accept this simple request." There goes the neighborhood, or at least the last of Dalton's insanity. I saw Dalton's eyes flash as he grabbed the guy by his throat with one hand and with the other handed me our food and tilted his head to the door to indicate for me to follow. 

We opened the door and Dalton immediately threw the stranger into the ground and kicked him hard enough to hit the blue van across the parking lot. Dalton then grabs my hand and drags me to his car. We got in and he sped away. For the next half a hour I there was dead silence until I felt my stomach grumble. 

I grab my half of the food then turned to ask if Dalton wants any, but he quickly grabbed the bag and ate his food in about 2 minutes flat. Jeez, he must have been hungry. 

Right now I am lying around incredible bored. I decided to take a nap. After 5 hours Dalton was shaking me awake and I realized we stopped at a motel. 

We were able to check in and noticed that he already picked the room and everything. I grab my luggage and then went to our room. When we got in I realized that there was only one bed. I went to ask Dalton about it, but he just went into the bathroom and began to shower.

After about 10 minutes he comes out in a towel around his waist. It was a very small room so when I was about to go into the bathroom I tripped and Dalton caught me. For the first time I looked into Dalton's eyes and I felt this spark. I never felt this kind of spark before and it scared me a little. Dalton then got a hunger into his eyes and he leans down then kisses me.

Oh boy.