Chapter 15

Cast members

Elizabeth Gillies as Melanie Hill

Toni Mahfud as Cameron Walker

Sofia Carson as Kyla leaney

Francisco lachowiski as Tyler Channell

Lili Reinhart as Stace Roberts

Zac Efron as Warren Sawyer

Gregg Sulkin as Bruce Williams

Dylan O'brien as Elmer Decker

Nina Dobrev as Jodie

Melanie's P.O.V.

I harldy slept last night. I kept tossing and tossing and thinking about Cameron and for a moment I was tempted to call him and ask him to come over. I couldn't help but feel as if I was being a little hard on him but the guy didn't even know what he wanted. I was so not settling for any less than I deserved. I know I deserved so much more than that.

I'm not surprised that when I look at my clock by the nightstand it's a little after 3. Sleep finally caught up with me in the morning. I head directly to the kitchen already craving to put some coffee in my system. I find my roommate cooking lunch with a guy's shirt on. Looks like someone had company.

"Look what the universe decided to bless me with today,"I say as I make my way to the coffee machine.

"I missed you too Mel,"she says as she grabs some plates filling them with food." Want some?"

"Yes please,"I say handing her another plate."How come you're here today. It's been a while you know?"I ask as she fills my plate with the yummy food. Don't even ask how I know the food is yummy yet I haven't taken a bite. The food looked ridiculously good and I was starving.

"My boyfriend wanted to spend the night,"she says as she hands me my plate and heads back to her room with food in hand.

I settle on the couch already forgetting about coffee as my mouth starts to water. I take a bite and thankgod it doesn't disappoint. I would have probably died given how I was already drooling before I even tasted it.

I finish my food and wash my plate by the sink just as I hear a knock by the door. Who could that be?

I make my way to the door with a kitchen towel in hand as I open the door. I should have expected it to be Cam I guess given that it was on a Sunday afternoon.

"You need to stop showing up at my apartment like this Cam,"I say as I lean on the doorway.

"I just want to talk to you. Won't you let me in?"he asks once he sees that I don't make a move to invite him in.

"No! You can say what you want to say to me from where you are standing,"I say as I close the door behind me and join him by the porch.

"About last night...."he starts but I cut him off.

"I was drunk so don't put a lot of meaning into whatever happened,"I say as I look anywhere but him.

"Ok."

I think we both knew that it was more than that but either way I'm glad he decided to drop it.

He stays silent as he stares at me without saying a word. The silence starts to get uncomfortable and so I decide to break the ice seeing as he is still quiet.

"You are not going to ask if I slept with the guy at the club?"I ask wanting to get a reaction out of him.

"I know you didn't."

"You seem so confident about yourself when saying that,"I say to which he doesn't reply. Smart choice. He probably figured I was looking for a fight.

"Did you sleep with the bimbo from that night?"

"You know the answer to that,"he says with an annoyed tone as if I asked him the most stupid question.

"You seem to assume I know what you're capable of and what you're not. Newsflash Cam I hardly know you,"I say as I sit on the stairway.

"If I say I did not sleep with her will you give me another chance?"he asks as he takes a few steps so he's standing close to where I'm sitted.

"I don't know where you picked the habit of answering a question with a question but if you're not going to answer my question you might as well get off my porch."

"I did not sleep with her okay. Things happened...we umm made out a little but I did not sleep with her,"he says as he looks at me waiting to see my reaction.

"Good," I say as I get up and try to walk back in my apartment.

"Good? That's it. I'm really trying here princess. I've been texting, I've been calling which obviously you don't pick so I end up leaving you voicemails. I've been coming to your apartment. What else do you want me to do? Give me something to work with here,"he says as he stands infront of me looking desperate blocking me from walking inside my apartment.

"Let me just ask you one question. You said you want another chance. A chance for what though? Better yet as what?"I ask as I cross my hands on my chest waiting for his answer.

I can tell he didn't expect that question as he tries to figure out what to say but he comes up blank. I watch as he let's out a sigh, shakes his head and closes his eyes as if he knows he is yet to figure out what he wants.

"That's what I thought Cam. Let me through please?"I ask to which he moves aside letting me in.

I hear him curse under his breathe before I close the door behind him as he makes his way out of my porch.

I settle to doing some assignments and school work seeing that it's still early and have nothing else to do. I listen to some music as I work through my assignments and before I know it I'm done.

It's already dark outside when I make my way back to the livingroom. The apartment is silent to which I'm guessing my roommate and her boyfriend left when I was back in my room. I decide to watch a movie before I call it a night and I end up settling for a rom-com that I've had my eyes on for a while.

I think of calling Kyla to see what she's upto but then I remember that she has to be out on her date with Tyler. Lucky bitch! Tyler already made things official between them and I couldn't be any happier for them. It was about time.

What they had was exactly what I wanted to have with Cameron. Was it too much to ask?

I watch the rom-com for a while until it gets to sappy for me to watch it. If it were another time I would have appreciated it a little bit more but how was I supposed to if even the characters were having the time of their lives and could definitely keep a man which I couldn't seem to do.

I switch it off and head for bed willing for tomorrow to come already.

A/N

We finally hit 500 reads😄😄Ohmy! You guys make me so happy. Thank you all for the support and the love you continue to give me and my baby. Yeah this book is basically my baby,my second one.

And as I keep on insisting don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW ME for updates.🌹