Chapter Twenty

Marley POV:

I sat nervously as I waited for Cheyenne's reply.

I said everything I needed to say and I was scared beyond belief.

"Please, say somethin'." I hesitated.

"You love me?" She asked, quietly. "Yeah." I said, barely above a whisper.

Fuck.. She still wasn't saying anything.

"I love you, too." She finally spoke. "You serious?" I asked.

For a moment I thought I had misheard her, but when I saw her nod, I grabbed her and pulled her on my lap before slamming my lips to hers.

"I love you." She repeated. "I love you so much." I mumbled against her lips.

She was about to say something until my phone rang in my pocket.

"What?" I said, hatefully into the phone.

"Dude.. Cheyenne's dad is missing." I heard Kade's voice over the phone. "What did you just say?" I asked.

The look on Cheyenne's face was fear. She had to have overheard it.

"It's all over the fuckin' news, brother. You need to come home, now." He said before hanging up.

"We have to go." I said and rushed to pack everything up and running to the bike.

"Is it my dad?" She asked. "Yeah, baby. It is." I said and let out a deep breath.

When we got back to the house, the entire MC was there.

"Where's Jack?" She asked as she rushed into the door.

"Cheyenne!" Jack called as he ran to his sister.

"It's okay, baby." She said as she hugged him close to her.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked.

Just then, Cheyenne's phone rang.

"Hello... It's already on the news detective... I'm not sure if he does... Thank you, detective." She said and hung up.

As she hung up the phone, her hands began to shake.

"Hey." I said, trying to grab her attention.

She looked at me with tears welling in her eyes.

"It's gonna be okay. We'll find him." I said as I hugged her.

"Okay guys, listen up. I want the whole fucking territory searched. This crazy fuck could be anywhere. I want eyes on Cheyenne at all times until he's found. Understood?" Ryder barked.

"You got it." Danny said.

"Dean, what's going on?" Dana asked her older brother. "Nothing, baby. Everything is fine." Dean replied.

"We don't stop until this fucker is behind bars or dead." Ryder called out.

"Ryder! The kids are in the room." Lana scolded her boyfriend.

"Dead? What does he mean?" Jack asked me. "Don't worry, buddy. Take Dana upstairs while we talk, okay." I told him.

Jack timidly nodded and took Dana upstairs.

The anger was gone and the fearful boy I first met is back.

"Cheyenne, you need to get some rest." Sarah told her. "Like hell I do! This mother fucker is after my son!" Cheyenne yelled back.

"Baby, stop. You need to calm down." I said, resting my hands on her shoulders.

"I want him dead. I'll kill him myself if that's what it takes." She growled before storming upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I called out to her. "To be with my son." She replied.

God damn, she was pissed. She wasn't scared anymore. She was livid. I knew she meant what she said.

"Let's ride, guys. Check everywhere." Ryder commanded as we all followed him out the door.

Cheyenne POV:

I walked into Jack's room and saw him watching a movie with Dana.

"Hey, sweetheart." I said, softly. "Dad's comin' for us isn't he?" He asked, sounding more like a statement. "He won't get to us, baby. I'll make sure of it." I replied.

"My dad was mean, too." Dana said, timidly.

I had no idea what to do but what I did know was that my father would die. That would be the only way to stop him.

I'll be damned if I let him get ahold of Jack.

My fear was replaced with rage. I refused to let my father scare me any longer. Never again.

Prison wasn't good enough. I wanted to make him suffer and I would.