2| A stranger

|CHAPTER - 2|

***

Raghuveer had his hands behind his back as he stood watching his servant Dhruvan, who was trying his best to carefully remove a Krishna Tulasi from the wild ground. It was almost difficult to find this type of Tulasi in their kingdom but miraculously he has found one in his garden.

He was never upset when queen Anasuya had given him this piece of land for his twentieth birthday, instead, he was happy. He always had an immense interest in medicinal plants and herbs but unfortunately, he turned to be a prince, a bastard prince.

A royal member can never have a choice of their own, only the welfare of their people through politics should matter for them.

However, he has got his house built here in this barren land. This gives him a choice to stay away from the palace, stupid villagers and most importantly, he can peacefully research on these herbs.

"Dhruvan, try to extract oil from these leaves and-" Raghuveer's voice to an abrupt halt as he saw a stranger woman waking up from behind the bushes. Her lehenga was torn and her choli was too immodest with no dupatta.

She slowly woke up stretching her arms like a cat and when Dhruvan noticed her blood-stained hand and dress he gave out an ear-splitting scream, "Chudail!" His screams were so loud that his voice echoed throughout the forest startling that woman.

She squinted her large eyes, placing her dainty hand near her face covering her eyes from the midday sun.

For a moment Raghuveer felt lost looking at her, she was nothing near to beautiful as all she looked was skinny and weak but her beautiful dark eyes had a world in them. Her sharp features slowly turned into a frown and he snapped out the trance.

"Who are you?" Raghuveer's voice came out loud and stiff, making her visibly tense. She squinted her eyes in confusion and fright looking around as if she was scared.

Her expression looked so intense that he wanted to help her but he shouldn't be bothered, what if she is a spy in the name of a maid from queen Anasuya?

Riya felt weak but more than that, this scenario was confusing her, how the hell did she wake up so hale and healthy after falling down a mountain, is this afterlife or what?

She slightly pinched her arm and felt a sharp sting, okay, so it looks like she is alive.

"State your purpose, woman!" The tall man who was standing in front of her almost shouted and she flinched in reflex. He was extremely tall, easily over six feet with broad shoulders and his face has authority and fury, it seems like she is trespassing his private property but should this handsome man be so rude?

"I-i apologise but yesterday night, I slipped off that cliff." Saying she turned around and pointed towards an edge which seemed small from where she was standing.

Listening to that pathetic excuse Raghuveers eyes turned red, how dare she lies to him? Of course, how will she know that he was standing right there last night? Angrily marched towards her and pulled her out of those bushes gripping her hand tight and she shrieked in pain.

"How dare you lie to me!" He shouted as he pulled her in front him looking straight in her eyes and Riya shivered in fear seeing his expression if only looks can make fire she would be burnt to ashes by now.

"I-i am sorry for invading your property but please believe me! I was attacked last night and while running away I fell down."

"Oh really? Then tell me, who was the one chasing you?" Raghuveer challenged her because by now he understood who she was. She is queen Anasuya's maid. A captivatingly beautiful spy.