25| A Game of Fate

~•~
I can't believe we reached 20k+ reads and 3k votes! Thank you so much guys, for your support and love
( ˘ ³˘)♥
~•~

Aloud smacking sound resonated across the thin walls of the minister's house as Sahasthra collapsed to the ground flat on her face, sobbing in pain while Kashyap took out his unbearable anger on his daughter.

All the servants of the house were kneeling down since the early hours of the day in the scorching heat of the sun. They were being punished for their recklessness which helped the lady of the house to play an act of attending a prayer session at a nearby village.

While a few maids cried out for their aching legs and burning skin, the cook of the house wept for the poor lady who was getting beaten the life out of her. Will the lady ever be saved? Why are the lords of heaven being so harsh with an innocent soul like her?

Inside the space of her chambers lay Sahasthra crying on the floor as she noticed blood dripping from her busted lip. For a moment she couldn't hear, her ears felt blocked and her vision was blurred with those welling tears.

She has been expecting her father to be angry. But not this, not this hate from him.

Sahasthra couldn't even push herself up from the ground, the embarrassment and pain forcing her to stay rooted to the ground.

"Get on your feet." Kashyap's rough voice commanded his daughter to stand as he wiped his hands against his silk costume, but when she didn't obey his words a rush of rage flashed through him.

"If you don't stand up this instant, the maid who helped you to play this act will be beheaded. Don't test my patience, daughter."

Sahasthra's heart drummed at her father's words, he won't think twice before taking a life and no one but her knows better. Slowly pushing herself up from the floor bearing the discomfort of her spinning head she managed to stand on her feet and almost immediately her father grabbed her jaw in a death grip, making her whimper in pain.

"How dare you try to fool me?" Kashyap gritted his teeth spitting words out like shooting daggers, "Not only have you lied to me but also you spent a night in a house full of men?"

Sahasthra could only cry in pain at the pressure on her already broken lip.

"From where did you get this courage, huh?" Her father questioned her in a whispering voice as his hand now slipped around her neck choking her.

Sahasthra's hands flew to her neck unable to breathe as she tried to stop his hands from choking her. Her large eyes turned blood red and her face resembling one of a dead body as he continued his assault. Sahasthra tried to fight her father, she tried her best to push his hands away. The reduced intake of air made her hands go weak and powerless yet this didn't seem to stop her father as he only increased his pressure and right before Sahasthra could take her last breathe he let her go, removing his hands by forcefully pushing her to the floor.

A painful sound of her head hitting the floor was almost heard by the servants kneeling outside making them flinch in fear.

Sahasthra wailed loudly, but only her voice remained hidden. Her silent cries were invisible to any eye.

"I could have killed you, but why do you think I didn't?" Kashyap asked in a calm and composed voice slowly sitting down to face Sahasthra making shudder in fear, "Answer me."

Sahasthra's fearful eyes lifted to met his as she couldn't find the energy to raise her fingers to reply in a gesture language.

"Reply, reply! How dare you disrespect me." Shouting on top of his lungs Kashyap caught his daughter by yanking hair forcefully making Sahasthra scream.