Chapter Sixty Five

"I've been told to warn you of something, though I can't entirely remember what

"I've been told to warn you of something, though I can't entirely remember what."

Esme peered over the top of her book in order to ensure Levi had heard what she'd said. The boy in question, however, was perched on the very edge of his seat as he watched what was going on down below - apparently oblivious to his more immediate surroundings.

"Rogers, did you hear me?" Esme asked, rather irritably. The mix of being up so early - not helped by the fact she was barely sleeping to being with - and sat in dreadfully cold weather out in the quidditch stands had put the girl in a rather awful mood. She tugged her coat tightly around her shoulders as she waited for a reply.
After a few moments, Levi felt as if someone was watching him and he turned to see the girl staring directly at him. "Sorry, did you say something?" He inquired.

"You're an idiot, but that's beside the point." She grumbled, "What I said was I've been told to tell you off, but I can't remember what for."
"Well what good does that do me? There's no point in even telling me that if you can't remember any important details." He pointed out.

Esme took a deep breath, attempting to stay calm as she replied, "Regulus told me. Oh... I wasn't really listening at the time... He said to tell you not to do something and he'd raise hell if you did."

"Oh, about spying on the Slytherin quidditch practices, that's what he's talking about." Levi mused, turning his gaze back to the players who were darting about the pitch below.
She shrugged, turning back to her book, "Probably. Quidditch is all he talks about at the moment."

Dark grey clouds were beginning to swirl in the sky above their heads, threatening to rain at any second. Esme muttered a couple curse words under her breath as the quidditch practice was still far from finishing and she probably couldn't make it back to the castle before the storm began.

"Yes, Reg is worried I'm going to tell the Gryffindor quidditch team what his strategy is. As if we need to cheat. I really think this is the year we beat Slytherin, you know." Levi rambled absentmindedly as he seemed to forget who he was talking to and resumed watching the players.

Esme sighed, folding down the corner of the page she had been reading and tucked the book deep into her coat pocket. Pulling out her wand, she waved it once in a circular motion and out of the tip of her wand sprouted a translucent umbrella which she promptly held above her head.
Then, an idea occurred to her.

"Are you still keeping tabs on Selwyn?" She questioned, her tone laced with false innocence.

This immediately spiked the boy's interest as he snapped around to face her, "Why?"
"Are you?"
"Yes, obviously. He isn't so cruel to my sister anymore but he's horrid to her friends." Levi sighed.

She offered a small smirk, shuffling along the bench to sit closer to the boy as she extended her umbrella to cover both of their heads as light rain began to patter down on them. "Want to cause some trouble for him?" She suggested.