Epilogue

I hope you don't mind

That I put down in words

How wonderful life is while you're in the world

~ Elton John "Your Song"

About two years had passed since Renesmee was born. The Black and Uley packs never rejoined forces, but the relationship became less and less strained after the almost-battle with the Volturi. 

"Brooke, have you seen my—" Seth was cut off by Brooklyn handing him the tie that he had been looking for. "Thanks, babe."

Seth put the tie into the bag that held his suit and dress shoes.

"Don't mention it," she beamed at him. "But, really, I need to get going, or I'm gonna be late."

"No," Seth whined as he wrapped his arms around her waist, and nuzzled his face into her neck. "Just stay here and get ready with me."

"I want you to be surprised," Brooklyn countered. It was their wedding day after all— if there was ever a time to start doing things in a traditional way, Brooklyn thought that today was that day.

They were both eighteen now, and they were no longer in high school, so it just felt like the right move for their family. Plus, they had been living together in a small two bedroom house at the edge of La Push for about five months now— money was  a bit tight, but they were really happy.

"Fine," he huffed. He wasn't going to admit it, but he wanted to be surprised just as much as she wanted to surprise him.

"Shawn texted me," Brooklyn said abruptly. "He said he'd be here in time for the ceremony."

"Sweet," Seth replied with his signature grin. Brooklyn absolutely adored that grin. "Ten bucks says that Leah imprints on him."

"Seth!" Brooklyn exclaimed. "You can't say it out loud or it won't happen... But also, I would one thousand percent lose that bet."

Seth chuckled. Both him and Brooklyn thought that Shawn would be a perfect match for Leah— they both had emotional baggage, and hearts of gold. Honestly, Seth and Brooklyn were surprised that Shawn and Leah hadn't seen each other since she phased— they had only ever known each other in the way that all small town people knew each other.  

The sound of the door opening tore them away from their conversation.

"Someone was missing her parents."

They turned to see Sue Clearwater holding Ellie, who began to squirm at the sight of her parents. Seth reached out to grab her.

"No!" Ellie squealed. "I want mommy!"

Brooklyn stuck her tongue out at Seth, and took Ellie into her arms. He merely grinned in response— he loved seeing his two girls together. He was so lucky.

Being a little over two years old, Ellie was capable of speaking in short sentences, and toddling around. She had also developed a personality. She was a goofy kid, and much like Seth, she was always smiling. She could get a bit hyper at times, so Brooklyn had begun teaching her how to play soccer— Brooklyn figured that it was never too early to learn, and it gave her something to do since she was no longer on the soccer team. Ellie loved every second of it, and it had really solidified their bond. That being said, Ellie and Seth had a really great relationship. She truly thought the world of her father.