✨ Part 28✨

Arnav, Akshat, Khushi, Preeto and Payal sat in the study of Manohar waiting for him.

Payal was furiously tapping on her phone.

"Is he still not replying to you messages? " Khushi asked Payal.

"I do understand that he can't stand what bhai is about to tell us but I am so disappointed he just left the house just like that without telling anyone .......
He is never the one to run away from his problems so why now and and to top it all off he is neither picking my calls nor replying to my messages." Payal uttered in anger and frustration.

"Calm down Payal..... I understand him...... He is human you know and sometimes running from our problems eases the pain a little even if it may be wrong. " Arnav said to Payal but she still won't let go off the disappointed.

Immediately Arnav was done Manohar entered and smiled at them but they knew he was hurting within and the smile was just to calm them down.

He then sat on his arm chair and asked.

"So what's the report.? "

"I spoke to the judge and he said the trial will be in three weeks but since you want it to be faster, I was able to convince him to move it forward to a week...... So we have a week to gather all the evidence against her...... I spoke to Anita's lawyer and we made a deal that Anita's sentence will be reduced if she testified against Mami and she agreed...... Together with your medical test which you will take tomorrow will be enough to have her locked up for up to six to ten years for drugging you........ But there is a problem..... If we don't Anika or the men she hired to attack Anika then she will walk away without any charges for it. " Akshat revealed and Manohar sighed.

"For now please proceed with my case and please I want the maximum sentence for than eveil woman....... As for my Anika's case she will still pay for it...... I won't let her go scout free for attacking her. " Manohar uttered in a sad tone.

"Okay..... I will started gathering all the evidence for your case starting tomorrow and later we will find a way to make the court prosecute her for the attack on Anika. " Akshat said and Manohar nodded.

He stood up from his chair and moved closer to Payal who stood up from her seat seeing him moving closer to her.

He stood in front of Payal and said.

"You have no idea how grateful I am that you are in Akash's life...... He needs you now more than ever and because am afraid I can't do this by myself.... Will you help me pull him out of his depression? " Manohar asked and a crying Payal nodded and hugged him and he reciprocated.

"I will help you Papa...... He will come out of it soon..... I know for sure because he is a strong man. " Payal said and broke the hug.

Manohar smiled and kissed her forehead making Payal smile and he walked away afterwards.

" I pray that someone also comes into your life to make you forget all your pain. " Payal said and Preeto and Khushi moved closer to her and side hug her.

The three ladies then walked out leaving Akshat and Arnav behind.

Akshat turned to Arnav and asked.

"I still think you should propose to Khushi now and not postpone it because of this..... At least that will bring some thing worth celebrating. " Akshat suggested.

"You are right but then you know your sister...... She is too selfless and will not enjoy it as she should..... She and Preeto even postponed the opening of the restaurant because of this...... I will propose after the trial because it will be the best celebration after this tragedy. " Arnav said.