2: Alice And Silas

SILAS HARRISON

"That went well." Olivia, our company's new marketing executive said just after our possible clients left the meeting room.

Johan, our Chief Finance Officer nodded, "It went better than I expected." He commented and stretched tiredly. "Hell, my butt is sore from sitting for too long." He said as he got up causing us to chuckle. My secretary, Landon handed me some files before he walked out of the room as well, leaving Olivia, I, and Johan the only ones in the room.

"This is not it, guys. You know we have to pursue Mr. Wilmington as well and you know that he isn't easy at all. That old man is stubborn as a mule." I said to them. Johan nodded his head and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Oh come on, we have a meeting with Mr. Wilmington after three weeks. We just had a successful meeting with the Yun's – let's celebrate that." Olivia said. "Let's go out for drinks after work. What do you guys say?" she asked.

Johan shrugged, "I am in." he said and both of them looked at me.

I sighed, "I don't know – maybe you two should go without me." I excused.

Olivia was about to say something when the door knocked and Landon entered in, "Uh – excuse me, sir but Miss Hart is waiting for you in your office." Landon informed me.

I nodded and passed him a small smile, "Thank you, Landon. I will be there." I replied. Landon only nodded and walked out of the meeting room before closing the door behind him. I glanced at Johan to see him smirking while Olivia had a small smile on her face as well. I raised my eyebrow, "What?" I asked them.

Johan shook his head, "Oh nothing, maybe we can have those drinks later when – you know – you are not busy." He shrugged and picked up his belongings from the table. "Enjoy your Friday night, boss. I will see you on Monday." He added and stride out of the meeting room.

I lightly shook my head to see Olivia collecting her belongings from the table as well, "I am, Olivia. We can go out some other time." I smiled.

She smiled back, "Of course." She said and sighed, "I have few documents to look after. I will see you on Monday. Have a nice weekend." She said and walked out of the meeting room as well. I blew out my cheeks and switch on my cellphone to see a missed call and two new messages from Alice. I opened them to read.

Alice: Hey! Do you mind if I drop by your office today? I have to talk to you about something.

Then there was another message from her.

Alice: Hey, your cellphone is switched off. I guess you are busy. I am sorry but I am waiting for you in your office.

I smiled and stood up on my feet and put my cellphone back in my pant pocket. I collected my coat from the back of the chair and strolled out of the meeting room to meeting Alice – who was already waiting for me in my office.

Alice and I met a few months ago at a business event. She works for a business partner. We went on a few dates since then – there is nothing serious between us. She seems like a nice girl, but I haven't thought about asking her to be my girlfriend yet. I don't think I am ready for that just yet. I greeted a few employees of mine as I made my way to my office. I entered my office to see Alice sitting on the black couch with a magazine in her hand. She lifted her head to look at me and smiled. "Hi, I am sorry – I showed up unannounced." She shrugged and stood up.

I smiled and closed my office door behind me. "No, you didn't. I read your messages. I was in a meeting so, I didn't see them before." I answered her.

I exhaled and threw my coat on the couch. She smiled and walked closer to me and mashed her lips. I watched her stepping nearer to me till she was just inches away. She smiled shyly and leaned till her kissed touched mine feathery. I gulped and glanced towards the glassed walls of my office to see some of my employees looking at us. I stepped back and walked towards the wall and pull the blinders out – sparing us some privacy. I twirled around to see Alice looked at me heartbrokenly and gulped, "Silas, I am sorry – I didn't mean to –"