ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁴

ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪꜱᴛɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴀꜱᴘᴇʀ, ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰɪᴄꜱ, ᴛɪᴛᴀɴɪᴄ. ɪᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ.

After my son and daughter had been thoroughly reprimanded for their behavior, Aro and I had found ourselves speaking with the French coven and the Long Island coven. According to my mate, the French and the Long Island covens had been created around the same time during the French and American revolutions and were fans of the Volturi even if they hated the English and French monarchies.

Most of the monarchies that we learned about in school were morally corrupt and had no sense for people who were at the bottom of the social structure. For vampires that rarely ever happened due to the fact that covens were family and family did not have as many strict roles. Yes, I was the head woman of the house, but that didn't mean that everyone had to bow at my feet like they had to with the Romanians.

With two of the most influential covens at our side, Aro let out a sigh as Alexandros walked closer to us. Don't get pissy with your friends, Aro, or they won't want to be friends with you anymore.

"Aro, what a mighty fine show you put on back there," the tall man praises, "I never thought I would see the day that the Volturi fool us like that. I mean, you should have seen us beforehand. We were making bets."

"Why must you do this, Alexandros?" Aro questions his friend, putting his head in his hands. "You're the most embarrassing vampire in the world."

"Good lord, Aro, you didn't expect me to let you pull that kind of thing on me without letting me pester you about it afterwards? Are you as thick as you were three millennia ago or has your immortal inability to change been fixed?" Alexandros teases.

"Like I said, embarrassing," my mate repeats.

"No, I think the most embarrassing vampire in all of existence has to be Edward Masen. You should have seen his face once you left. He was fuming. I thought he was going to attack you at one point. I think that the rest of the vampire world hates them. Maybe even some of the other animal eaters hate him."

"Let's hope that I never have to see him again. I think that if I did he would end up dead," Aro admits. "His head would be in the fire."

"Your soul brother holds more hatred than you, but you are evenly matched."

"Much less forgiving. The telepath knows what will happen once he steps one foot into Italy. We will have our people at the borders now. Alice, Bella, and Edward are banned for all time unless they are tried. They are banned from being witnesses to any trials. For all that I care they can be hunted and killed by any of you."

His long time friend simply nodded, taking another glass of blood and sipping it. "Are we to have any alcohol here or am I going to have to find it myself?"

"It's coming out now. Be patient," Aro mumbles. I chuckle and kiss his cheek, going off to find out where Jasper and Rose had gone. The two of them were bound for some trouble together.

By the time I had found my soul brother he had already gotten himself into trouble, running away from an angry Alec and a pissed Jane. Why the young blonde girl hadn't started to hurt him with her gift yet was beyond me, but I was glad that she decided to just chase him instead of causing him pain. He was technically an uncle to her, but they acted more as siblings than anything else. Our familial relationships were weird and I would rather not get into detail.

Walking by the outdoor fountain, I see Caius and Helios playing around, laughing up a storm by a few of the redwoods in the backyard. My two sarcastic little men.