04. Time and Place

FOUR TIME AND PLACE

FOUR TIME AND PLACE

As it turns out, sticking around to hang around with the football team and drink beer really isn't the most exciting thing Wes could be doing when all of their parents and families are missing. Nothing crazy was happening, just warm beer in everyone's hand and miscellaneous conversation as people milled about. Winona had since gone home and Wes almost wished he had gone with her just because he was bored as hell and nothing on his phone was working so he had no crutch to fall back on.

Daniel was standing next to him saying, "Dude, this shit is weird, I feel like this isn't the right thing to be doing right now. Maybe Cassandra was right, we should have just gone home and dealt with this in the morning."

"Babe, nothing is stopping you from going home," Sahar mused as she picked at her nails absentmindedly. She was never one for drinking, she mainly was just here to keep an eye on the boys for Winona's sake. However, she had her own fair share of troubling party stories. "There's literally no obligation to be here."

"I mean, like, the team is here..." Daniel said with a sigh as he overlooked the field they were standing on in front of the church. Although it was meek, he did sort of have a point considering their team pretty much traveled in a pack -- especially at parties. Wes didn't mind it, but he had felt relatively disconnected from the team ever since the Grizz thing caused such a rift.

The conversation was interrupted by a shout from a member of the aforementioned team, Wes was pretty sure it was Jason, who was yelling, "The fuckin' church is open! Woo!"

Like moths to a flame, everyone chugged their beers and sprinted into the church. Wes didn't know how this would change anything from the current status of this party, but he followed everyone anyway because it was cold out and he could use the change of scenery.

"Babe, wouldn't it be so cool to like fuck in a church?" he overheard Sahar whispering into her boyfriend's ear which caused Wes to internally gag. No one ever wanted to hear about their two best friend's fucking, that was a given.

"Sa, I think that's like... blasphemy," Daniel muttered in return and Wes held in a laugh as his eyes searched for someone to talk to since he was fairly sure his friends were about to leave him in the dust. He couldn't really blame them, he had been like that with someone once, too. He pretended to be completely innocent as Daniel cleared his throat to get Wes' attention and tell him, "Uh, we'll be right back, we're gonna go get more to drink."

Wes didn't comment on the fact that Daniel had just opened another beer, instead he nodded, "Yeah, yeah, see ya in a bit."

He watched them disappear before he sighed, observing as the crowd became more and more chaotic with each passing moment. Normally he was a partier -- he ate this shit up, but the impending doom of their situation kept looming above his head like a raincloud about to rip open a treacherous storm. Something just didn't feel quite right.