30- The Roommate

The next morning Addison is driving you back to the house and giving you advice on how to tell Mom and Dad you aren't coming home. She agrees to call them together and present a united front. Your mom tells you she just wants you to be happy and will send you a box of your clothes the next day, but would really love to see both of you and asks that you come home for a visit to pick up anything else you might want to move. Your dad takes the phone and is so mad he yells at you. He calls you irresponsible and lazy, then hangs up.

Addison: "I'm so sorry... everything will be okay, I promise. I will text Mom and make sure she keeps her word to send you some of your clothes and until then you can keep borrowing whatever you want of mine."

You: "I can't believe he was so angry

You: "I can't believe he was so angry. He barely wants anything to do with me when I did live there. Why does he suddenly care so much?"

Addison: "I wish I could answer that, but trust me, being on your own is so freeing that you'll stop asking yourself that before long. You are an adult now and it's time you started living your life, your way."

You: "Is that what you were doing in Bryce's room all night... living your life your way?"

Addison: "Smooth transition, sis."

You: "Sorry I just really was confused to see you come out of his room, wearing just his t-shirt. I thought you liked someone else and were set on just being friends with Bryce."

Addison: "Things change. I think it's time we both let go of trying to be what everyone else wants us to be and just do what makes us happy."

You: "I'm all for that, I just hate to see Bryce get hurt if you realize that what made you happy last night, doesn't make you happy today."

Addison: "First of all, if you're implying we slept together... we didn't. We kissed, we talked, we cuddled... end of story. Second of all, I do like Bryce. I like him a lot..."

It's been a week and a half and you and Addison have both spent more time at Sway house than your own house. Even though she came home alone each night, you had spent every single night at Blake's. You were missing the sister time you were hoping to get with moving here so you'd planned to stay home tonight and watch movies together.

Your mom had sent 2 boxes of clothes like she promised along with a few personal items. You didn't have a real room of your own yet, so you just left them in piles on Addison's floor and she pretended that the mess wasn't driving her crazy. Halfway thru the horror movie you'd agreed to watch, the front door of the apartment swung open and you both screamed bloody murder as popcorn flew everywhere.

In walked a short, thin girl with long brown hair dragging a suitcase almost as tall as her behind her. She looked almost as shocked as you both did at the popcorn everywhere.

Addison: "Sorry, we weren't expecting you for another few weeks."

She left her suitcase in the middle of the living room and plopped down in the chair. She looked worn out, physically and emotionally. Addison added:
"Wait, why are you home early?"

You: "I can leave you two alone, it seems like maybe a conversation that she doesn't want to have with a stranger."

Addison: "Oh my God, I'm sorry... This is my sister, she is staying here while in LA if that's cool. And this is my roommate, Nessa."

You: "I can always go stay at my boyfriend's house if you two want to talk

You: "I can always go stay at my boyfriend's house if you two want to talk."

Addison: "I was hoping maybe you still wanted to look into finding a bigger place to stay and we could all live together?"

Nessa: "She's been here for like 5 minutes and already has a boyfriend? Wow my life really is depressing."

Addison: "What do you mean?"

Nessa: "My boyfriend broke up with me on the plane ride home after taking me home to meet his family. So unless you can think of another 4th roommate to split the bills I don't know how moving is going to be possible at all."

Addison and Nessa spend all evening catching up and she is just the sweetest girl. She made you feel so welcome even though she was obviously sad about the breakup. She couldn't believe you were dating the Blake Gray so you sold your sister out and mentioned that she has been spending a suspicious amount of time with Bryce Hall.

Nessa: *shocked*
"I leave for a month and suddenly it's Love Town, population: everyone but me."

Addison convinces her that everything is going to work out ok. With your help and with her bringing in some extra cash from a few brand deals her new following has brought her, she really thinks a new house is possible.