45- The News

After his parents settled into their seats still stunned by the doctor's news, you volunteered to be the one to go out and tell the group that it was Blake who might not make it. You step one foot into the waiting room and when everyone looks up at you in anticipation, you feel your knees buckle. Bryce and Noah rush over to lift you off the ground as you tremble out the news:
"It's Blake. They don't know if he is going to make it."

All the girls start to tear up as you shake out the rest:"He had surgery and he hasn't woken up and they don't know if he will

"He had surgery and he hasn't woken up and they don't know if he will."

You feel your legs giving out again and Bryce and Noah help you over to the chairs. They sit you in Josh's lap hoping that he can steady you while they process the awful news about the person they are both closest to in the house. Josh waves Avani over to help comfort you while he holds you tightly and Nessa plays with your hair and rocks you.

The double doors pushed open and Dixie walked out with her arm in a sling and a bandage over her shoulder. The bullet had gone straight through her arm and with a little cleaning and stitching, she would recover perfectly. Addison stood up, still in shock with tear stained cheeks and ran to Dixie wrapping her arms around her neck and burying her face in her good shoulder. After a split second, Addison realized everyone would be watching and that would make Dixie freak out on her so she pulled back.

A shockwave radiated out from the girls when Dixie took a deep breath and pulled Addison back and kissed her right in front of everyone

A shockwave radiated out from the girls when Dixie took a deep breath and pulled Addison back and kissed her right in front of everyone. It was not the kind of kiss two friends who are being playful share either. It was the deep, longing kind of kiss that comes from a near death experience washing away all of your fears. Everyone turns to look at Noah and Bryce with wide eyes. Bryce smiled because he knew this was a long time coming, but Noah looked as though someone had knocked the wind out of him.