Chapter 24

We pulled up to the large Luxurious house I currently lived in

We pulled up to the large Luxurious house I currently lived in. Just looking at it I realised just how different my house was to Carlos'. Mine was much bigger and way more lavish whilst his was comfortable and welcoming.

I'd love to live in a place like that. I do like living in my house. The extra amount of space and rooms we have makes it seem empty most the time. I don't like feel empty because then I feel lonely and no one likes feeling lonely.

I heard the the driver's door open and then the stones crunch under someone feet. The door beside me opened and Smithy appeared. He still had an angry glare on his face. I don't know what he was angry at. Was it because I drove with Carlos to school and back from school today? I didn't mean to hurt his feelings and make him angry at me.

He held out his hand but I didn't take it. I don't know why but it just didn't feel right holding anyone's hand but Carlos'. I didn't feel the same warmth and good tingles in my body as I felt with Carlos. It also did it seem fair to him. I bet he wasn't holding some other woman's hand right now so I shouldn't hold another man's hand ,even though we aren't even in a relationship.

So I grabbed the handle of the car and lifted myself out.

Smithy looked a bit hurt and shocked by what I had done. I didn't mean to make him sad. Donuts Lavender way to go. You made Smithy sad. Just because you didn't want to do something that made you feel bad and uncomfortable. Stop being so selfish.

"I-I'm sorry Smithy."

He connected our eyes and I could no longer see hurt. I saw an unknown emotion close to the one Carlos has whenever we kiss but I like Carlos' better. Smithy's made me feel awkward. It made me feel uncomfortable again. I shuffled in my feet and looked to ground so my face was covered by my hair.

"It's alright Ms.Lavender. But can I ask you something?"
He leaned into the car and grabbed my bag.

"Of course"

I lifted my head up and sent him a beaming smile. He lightly smiled back but his was more sinister and lust-filled. He leaned into the car and grabbed my bag before handing me it. I had no idea what he was going to ask but I would try my best to answer. As long as it made him happy.

"Who was that man you were with all
day?"

"That w-was...."
At the mention of Carlos, my cheeks instantly heated up with a deep red colour. All the memories from the things we did earlier flooded my brain overloading my ability to think. I can't believe I actually did that, I couldn't concentrate on anything else. He made me feel so flustered but good at the same time.