Chapter 51

The Team stood around the abandoned warehouse. They were staring at Vlad who had taken over Robin's body and was holding a Batarang to his own throat. "I want you all to drop your weapons." They looked to Danny and he simply nodded. The sounds of metal clanking filled the warehouse. Dick smiled; I'm going to be going now. Don't try to stop me."

"Fight it, Dick!" Danny suddenly yelled. "You can do it!"

He laughed, "He can't hear you, boy. I have total control over all his actions. Now, step aside."

Danny was about to say something else when he noticed Dick's hand. He was slowly reaching towards his utility belt. His hand was shaking, when Vlad had reached for the Batarang earlier, he did so with purpose. This movement seemed much more hesitant. Danny had a feeling Dick was fighting back after all. He had to distract Vlad to see what Dick was doing.

"So how does it feel not having my mom around anymore?" he blurted out.

Dick glared at him. "What did you say?"

The team looked at him with confusion, "Well, you had a major crush on my mom, yet you killed her. You must be kind of lonely."

Dick was gritting his teeth, but his hand had finally reached his utility belt. "It had to be done! I hated to do it, but it was a necessary sacrifice. My dearest Maddie had to die."

Danny was getting angry, "No she didn't..."

"As much fun as this has been, I really should be going. I..." Suddenly he screamed in pain. Dick had pulled out the box containing the blood blossom. Vlad flew out of Dick's body and fell to the ground.

Dick knelt down next to him and held the blood blossom in front of him. Danny quickly ran over to him and uncapped the Fenton Thermos. With a final wail of outrage, Vlad was sucked into the thermos.

The team let out a collective sigh of relief. Minus a few minor scrapes and bruises, everyone was left unharmed. Danny knelt down next to Dick, "You okay?"

"Yeah," he put the blood blossom back in his belt. "I'm alright. It's weird not being able to control your own body though."

Bruce walked over and laid a hand on each of their shoulders. "Let's get out of here."

~time skip~

A few minutes later, Frostbite showed up. He took the thermos containing Vlad back to the Far Frozen. Hopefully, they wouldn't be hearing from him again for a very long time. Dani and Danny were happily reunited. After they talked for a bit, she went back to the Ghost Zone with Frostbite. Both of Vlad's halves were imprisoned, and the gauntlet was destroyed. The mission had been a resounding success.

~time skip~

"Ugh!" Danny collapsed onto the couch. "It's good to be home."

Dick collapsed next to him. "You're so right."

Bruce sat down in the chair next to them. He and Dick had already changed out of their uniforms. "You both did good work today."

Alfred walked in with a tray of hot chocolate. "I hear congratulations are in order."

"Thanks, Alfred." Danny took a cup off of the tray.

"That's an interesting hairdo master Danny." He smiled at him.

Danny looked confused until he realized that he hadn't changed back to Danny Fenton. "Oh... sorry, I'll change back..."

"No no no." Bruce stopped him. "We actually haven't gotten to really know this side of you. Don't feel like you have to change back just for us."

"Oh, ok." Danny changed enough that his clothes turned back, but his hair and eyes remained in their ghostly form.

"So, what's it like having powers?" Dick asked.

Danny shrugged, "It's pretty cool. These powers have caused me a lot of problems. But I also can't think of a life without them."

"I really have to commend you for being able to keep something from me of all people." Bruce gave him a smirk.

Danny laughed, "It was hard at times. Especially, when I had to skip school for missions. And when my grades were slipping..."

"I'm so sorry I ever thought you weren't on our side," Bruce said looking down. "And don't worry about school. You won't have to skip anymore. I can start vouching for you. But we will have to do something about your grades." Danny groaned. "But we don't have to worry about that right now. Let's watch a movie or something..." 

(A/N - Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Just one chapter left :) Stay whelmed and go ghost!)