Chapter Two.

The Tantive IV

The Tantive IV.

It was as massive as you imagined it to be. Poe had described it but his descriptions did not do it justice. As a mechanic you could imagine you would never get bored during your time there.

You had been assigned your own living quarters in deck 3 with the engineers. A small room in all white. A cot for one, a small window to gaze at the stars, a kitchenette built into the wall aside a table for two. A small bathroom attached to your quarters serves your most basic needs. This was your new home.

Since arriving a week prior you hadn't had any nightmares of your parents death and that brought you some peace. A positive in your current situation. You also hadn't done much work yet either. You had received a new data pad with your daily assignments and were told to keep to yourself for now. The assignments were routine checks and simple repairs in quiet corners away from people. You found yourself starting to feel lonely and impatient wondering when you'd get answers, or at least a real job. Your skills were far too good for what you had been given.

As you worked on a back corner of the ships wiring you heard the sound of gentle footsteps gliding down the hall behind you. You sensed who it was before you saw them your jaw dropping in awe. You turned quickly and kneeled at your visitors feet.

"How do you know who's feet your kneeling at?" She asked grabbing your chin and lifting it to see your face. She turned it side to side like she was performing an inspection. "You don't need to kneel for an old woman like me".

Nervously you spoke "I-I don't know honestly. I could just... just sense it was you" you looked into Leias eyes feeling both excited and afraid. You had heard the tales of her heroics with Luke and Han but you had never imagined in your whole life you'd ever meet her. She was almost like a mythical creature.

"There's no reason to be afraid. I'm no mythical creature just a person like yourself" she laughed reaching to help you up to your feet. She grasped your forearms with her delicate and frail hands like she was afraid if she let go you would disappear. She had read your mind hadn't  she?

"Yes I did" she smiled and began leading you down the hall towards a conference room. You both silently walked side by side as you were in awe of where you were right now. On her ship walking down the hall with her.

You never thought your planet or yourself would have to get involved with this war. You were all so far removed that it didn't seem the war had mattered to any of you at all. However, if you had to pick a side you would of instinctively picked the resistance. Remembering the man that murdered your town and your family when you were young immediately sent a shiver down your spine.

As she lead you through the door and to the table she spoke "I'm sorry that happened to you. The dark side leaves a scorched trail of pain and suffering". She looked into your eyes and you knew she had seen your memory from that day.