09

"Hey baby~"

A mellow voice spoke, a half asleep Hawks turned around and looked at the topless girl on the other side of his bed. He groaned and stretched, trying to fully wake up. The blonde boy looked at his phone, it was already 2 p.m. when the two of them got up. She was another victim to fall for his own pleasure, and to fill the now empty space of the apartment.

Weeks had already passed since his former best friend had left their home. He didnt't bother to call him, his pride overtaking him greatly. Had he purposely wandered around the campus hours after his classes to catch a glimpse of Touya? Absolutely. Was he constantly refreshing his socials to get any updates? Of course. The only things he got were stories from that Shigaraki. It looked like they spent their time on dates and drinking, as college student should he guessed. When the end of the month arrived, he noticed Dabi was still paying his half of the rent, which both calmed him and angered him. Why act like such a dick but then back out?

He slowly came to grow tired of the ladies sleeping with him. It no longer had the same thrill, the same adrenaline. Yeah it sounded sick and twisted but, Hawks could not sleep in peace now that he was gone. He was surprised at his own thoughts at times, thinking so much about his friend made it almost seem like he liked him. He also invested his thoughts onto the last conversation they had. He never specified if he really liked him, but he assumed that was the most reasonable answer, hence his shady actions prior to those moments. It was at these moments where he realized that it was obvious to him this whole time, and he was just too fogged up with one-night stands to even notice. All those times he let his anger aside to talk to him, even though he had a horrible night, when he forgot his chores but Dabi would do them for him, whenever hunger stirred, Touya made sure to provide for him. He had done so much for him and all Hawks did was bicker around, while he had to deal with his emotions the whole time. He felt guilty, he really did.

Another conversation that replayed like a record in his date was he Dabi made that odd interrogation. "If we didn't know each other, do you think we would've dated?" For Hawks, this was nothing but a trivial question, a playful comment by his friend. He should've picked up the hints, he should've said something sooner. Was he becoming obsessed with his best friend? It wouldn't make sense, he had loved women up to now, so what happened? Did Touya's absence really took such a toll on him? Hawks had thought about the possibility of making amends, he really did. At the beginning, he believed this was a mere child's play, that this would burn over time. But now he also understood that it wasn't the case at all. 

After the girl left his apartment, he flipped over the calendar that was attached to the fridge.  His birthday was coming up. The thought ran over his head about a hundred times. The two have never spent a birthday apart and that tradition could soon be broken. He had to fix this.

Touya had also made it difficult to get used to living with Shigaraki. Since the two of them were never so close, long conversations didn't suit them, they didn't know each other. That's why Dabi had agree upon going on several dates with him, giving himself an opportunity to develop feelings for him. Eventually he grew used to the blue haired boy and got in somewhat of a relationship with. It was weak, but it was there.

He couldn't possible count the amount of times he thinks about Hawks on a daily basis. Even if it was him who had broken off the bond he still wished to be with him. He knew that it would only him more if he had stayed after the argument.

Dabi was going to his final class, when he departed from Shigaraki and promised to meet him at the library to review for some tests. While make his way there, he remembered his birthday was near, making his heart ache with the thought that he probably wouldn't celebrate it with his former roommate.

After the class ended, Touya walked out of class and stopped in his tracks after seeing Hawks in front of him, staring at him like he was the only boy in the world. He would be lying if his heart hadn't skip a beat.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Did you wait all this time to see me? I know you don't have class at this hour"

"I think you just answered that question"

"What happened? Why did you come to see me?"

"I-I need your help"