13

A loud knock at the door woke Hawks up from his deep nap. He was exhausted, juggling between internships and shifts, rigorous work load, but tried his best to rest. "Coming" his raspy voice said as he got up and yawned, walking over to the door and finding his former roommate standing in front of him.

"Well you look like shit"

"You like it though"

Dabi ignored the flirtatious comments and stormed right into the apartment, sitting down on the stools in the kitchen island. Hawks following and sat with him, still with a sleepy face on.

"So?"

"What?"

"You told me you'd give me a good answer if I came here"

"Did i say that?"

"Hurry up I have places to be"

Keigo laughed at Dabi's words and scratched his eyes in an attempt to gather his thoughts. Touya truly found it taunting that way he was being toyed around for a simple question.

"Seems like I've forgotten why, could you kiss me again to see if I remember?"

"You jackass, stop playing around"

"Make me"

After that, Dabi's pale hands slowly made their way up to Hawks's neck, his fingers wrapping around it and suddenly pulling his face towards him. Keigo was taken by surprise, his body filled with anticipation.

"I'm not playing your little game"

"Seems to me like you are"

Then Keigo felt a strong slap across his cheek, widening his eyes at the black-haired male. All this physical contact was making Hawks weak, but what was he searching after? This wasn't like the male at all. The two best friends had never been this close, literally, it was as if the atmosphere was made into something sensual and erotic. Keigo grunted at his touch, only after hissing to ease the pain, he couldn't lie, he liked it.

"Don't test me, if you're not giving me shit then I'm leaving"

Dabi scoffed and loosened his grip on the boy, and Keigo looked down as he felt the pressure around his neck fade away. Touya got up from his seat and walked back to the door to open it. Luckily, he was stopped by the blonde boy who had his hazel eyes fixated on him the whole time.

"I asked you to kiss me so I could know"

"Could know what ya idiot?"

"If I liked guys"

Dabi got a cold shiver down his spine, he's never gotten this nervous in his life. He'd been waiting for this moment for so long that he completely lost track of whether or not it would be true. A feeling of excitement and fear surged through him, there was a catch, right? Maybe it was a joke?

"And do you?"

"Yeah, you"

Hawks swallowed hard after telling him this, mostly because he himself didn't know if he actually developed feelings. But he loved the way Dabi touched, kissed, and grabbed him in all the right places. Perhaps it was also too sudden, and he's just bored, sleeping with women every day could get tiring. But this felt right, even if it was fast.

"So you're telling me, after all these years of being your best friend and having a crush on you, now is when you decide to like me back?"

"I don't know you ass! It all happened so suddenly, you leaving the apartment, and then we kissed, and just now you were about to choke me"

"What does me leaving the apartment have to do? Because when we lived together you were more than happy to fuck girls so loud that I could hear them"

"I said I can't explain it"

"Or maybe you just miss having me around here, as a friend"

"No, that's not it!"

"Keigo you make no sense"

"I know I don't but please trust me when I say this feels right"

The boys went back and forth until that final line. Trust him? Dabi thought. He walked closer to Hawks, glaring at him.

"Feels right you said?"

"Yeah"

"Okay then, prove it to me"

"Huh?"

"You spend all this time sleeping with girls and invade my privacy, well now I really wanna make sure you like me now, I propose three rules"

"Rules? Are you joking? This isn't elementary school, what are your shitty rules then"

Hawks pouted at him and folded his arms in response, he was not pleased with not getting a "yes, let's get together and live happily ever after" type of response. But I guess you can't blame him when now is when you start finding the attractiveness of your best friend.

"I'll move back in with you, however, you cannot bring girls over at all, we'll sleep in the same bed, and we're going on dates whenever I want"

"What the fuck? Explain to me why we gotta do that?"

"It's simple, I just wanna know if you really wanna be with me or if this is just a phase"

"Uh-huh and what about Shig?"

"You don't have to worry about him, just set up everything in my room because I'm going to bring my shit here"

Keigo gave him a warm smile and nodded, he was beyond happy his best friend was staying with him now. He understood the reason behinds his rules, and he wanted to make sure not the fail him. Before Touya left, Hawks wanted to give him a kiss, however, Touya just pushed his head away and grinned.

"And no kissing until you show me you can do this"