Chapter 2

The lights were still on in the room and Netflix was on the TV and being scrolled through by an over-eager Caleb. Popcorn was being popped in the back of the room by Brooks and the smell filled the small artificial theater in the best way possible. I leaped over the back of the couch and dropped myself between the two oldest siblings in the house, Damon and Dominic.

Damon flinched slightly so I turned to him and winked. "Did I scare you?" I teased, knowing that he had never found anything about me remotely scary or intimidating.

"No," he scoffed. "I was just shocked that you were able to jump over a couch without falling on your face." He mimed jumping back in surprise and I glared.

Dominic's brown eyes examined my face like it was puzzling him and I gulped nervously. If anyone would guess what I was actually feeling, it would be him.

"What are we watching tonight Dom?" I asked to keep our discussion on topic and not draw attention, as he dropped his hand. His eyes still looked curious, but I didn't think he would ask me what was wrong in front of everyone, at least.

"We're still figuring it out. What do you want to see?" he asked. I hoped nobody else could tell that his voice sounded contemplative.

"Pretty Little Liars! We should all watch it together! JJ recommended it to me." I said, offering a suggestion I knew the others would hate. I needed a distraction. Right on cue, Damon groaned and said "No way in hell. We're watching a movie, not a whole annoying series with shirtless guys and whatever else you're into."

I giggled and he elbowed me.

"No shirtless guys for me," I said seriously, before breaking into a laugh again. Whatever panic had consumed me earlier was drifting away quickly, as it sometimes did. I wish my moods were predictable or could be scheduled. It would be so much easier not to be depressed when I woke up for school, or anxious when I was with my family.

"How about we watch a horror movie?" Brooks asked.

I nodded in agreement, but Brooks sighed at the expression behind me; Dominic was shaking his head no.

"Why not Dom?" Caleb whined.

"It's late," he replied. "I don't want Damon running into my bed when he has nightmares."

He turned his head to the side so only I could see and gave me a wink.

"I have never done that!" Damon said, straightening up and puffing out his chest in protest. His muscles looked pretty threatening. I didn't think there was anything you could be scared of when your arms looked like that.

"Never?" Dominic asked. "Not even when you were just starting high school and saw Halloween for the first time?"

Damon's jaw clenched and we all tried to hold back laughter, looking at Dominic in awe and then back to Damon.

After a long moment of glaring between the boys, Damon muttered "It was one time."

"NO WAY!" Caleb shouted in amusement as we roared with laughter. When Caleb and Brooklyn were still on the floor clutching their sides and Damon was pouting and mumbling excuses, Dominic leaned in close to me.

"You okay, sweetheart?" he asked in a low voice.

I didn't want to lie to him, so I shrugged. He nodded as if that's what he expected and held out an arm so I could curl into his side for the movie.

"You'll be okay." He whispered as he picked a mystery thriller movie, and everyone got into their seats.

As Caleb jammed a giant handful of popcorn into his mouth and Damon threw a blanket over us, I could just hear Dominic breathe, "We're here for you My". 

- - - - - - - - 

A/N It's not much but more is coming! Tell me what you want to see come next in the comments! Birthdays, holidays, girlfriends, cousins, more panic attacks, anything! ;) Thank you for your support and all the love on Book 1! Book 2 is going to be a little darker, but I think you'll love it!  😈 

And to add to that, what do you NOT want to see? What's a cliche that you're bored of at this point? I can't say I definitely won't add it, but I'm curious!