~32~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"Have you ever studied Quantum Physics?" Scott asked, but I shook my head.

"Only to make conversation." Nat responded, making me giggle.

"To make conversation?" I asked her, and she shrugged, nodding her head.

"Alright, so five years ago, right before Thanos, I was in a place called the Quantum Realm."

"The Quantum Realm?" I asked, and Scott nodded.

"It's like its own microscopic universe. To get in there, you have to be incredibly small."

I nodded in understanding, so Scott continued.

"Hope, she's my, she was my," He stuttered, and I gave him a friendly smile to encourage him to keep going.

"She was supposed to pull me out, and then Thanos happened, and I got stuck in there."

"I'm sorry, that must've been a very long five years." Nat said sympathetically, but Scott shook his head.

"Yeah, but that's just it, it wasn't."

"What was it like?" I asked, and Scott looked at me.

"For me, it was five hours."

Steve and I shared a shocked look, and Scott cleared his throat, catching our attention again.

"See, the rules of the Quantum Realm are different than they are here. Everything is unpredictable."

"Scott, what are you talking about?" Steve asked, and Scott took another bite of his sandwich.

"What I'm saying is, time works differently in the Quantum Realm. The only problem is right now, we don't have a way to navigate it."

"So what are getting at?" I asked, and he finished his sandwich before turning to look at me.

"But what if we did? I can't stop thinking about it. What if, we could somehow control the chaos, and we could navigate it?"

Steve took my hand in his, gently squeezing it while Scott rambled on.

"What if there was a way to enter the Quantum Realm at a certain point in time but then exit at another point in time? Like, before Thanos."

"Wait, are you talking about a time machine?" Steve asked, but Scott shook his head.

"No, of course not. Not a time machine. It's more like a," He started, but shrugged.

"Yeah, a time machine. I know it's crazy, but I can't stop thinking about it. There's gotta be some way." He said, sighing.

"It's crazy."

"Scott, I get e-mails from a raccoon, so nothing sounds crazy anymore." Nat responded, and I nodded in agreement.

Tony would probably know how to do this.

"So who do we talk to about this?" Scott asked, and I smiled.

"Tony."

"Stark? No way, I don't think he likes me very much." Scott chuckled, but Nat, Steve and I were already walking towards the car.