~35~

A.N.

I have an issue with the way Thor's mental health was portrayed in Endgame, so I'll be making some changes.

'Fat Thor' won't be a running gag, but he'll still have the beard and alcohol addiction.

•••

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

'WELCOME TO NEW ASGARD, PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY.'

"Kind of a step down from a golden palace and magic hammers and whatnot." Rocket said, making me roll my eyes as we drove in to get Thor.

"You know who you're talking to, right?" I asked, and Bruce nodded in agreement.

"Hey, have a little compassion, pal. First they've lost Asgard, then half they're people." He said, and we stepped out of the car, walking towards Valkyrie.

"They're probably just happy to have a home."

"He's not wrong." I said to Rocket, turning to Banner.

"Thankyou, Bruce."

"You shouldn't have come!" Valkyrie exclaimed to us, but I could tell she was just talking to Rocket and Banner, after she gave me a warm smile.

"Hey, Aurora."

"Ah, Valkyrie! Great to see you, 'Angry Girl'." Bruce laughed happily, and Valkyrie looked him up and down.

"I think I liked you better either of the other ways."

I giggled quietly, and pulled Valkyrie in for a hug, which she accepted.

I was pretty much the only person she would allow to touch her.

"How are you?" I asked her, and she just shrugged.

"The same as always."

"This is Rocket." Bruce introduced our friend, and he gave Valkyrie a short wave.

"How you doin'?"

"He won't see you, boys." She said, obviously excluding me from the equation.

Thor would always see me.

"That bad, huh?" Bruce asked, making her nod.

"We only see him once a month, when he comes for supplies." Valkyrie said, motioning to a pile of kegs filled with beer.

"So he's gotten even worse." I sighed, and Bruce looked worried.

"It's that bad?"

"Yeah."

"I'll go see him, just stay behind me." I said to Bruce and Rocket, who nodded.

"See you soon." I bid farewell to Valkyrie, and the two followed me up to Thor's home.

I turned the knob, walking in once I realised it was open, and rocket grimaced at the smell.

"Something definitely died in here."

"Hello? Thor?" Bruce asked softly, and I cleared my throat.

"Brother, visitors!" I exclaimed, and he walked out from the kitchen, looking worse for wear.

He hasn't had a haircut in a while.

"Aurora!" He exclaimed happily, but his jaw dropped when he saw who I'd brought with me.

He grabbed a beer, cracking it open, and Bruce looked at him carefully.

"Thor?"

"Boys! Oh my God! It's so to see you!" He yelled, coming over to us and pulling Rocket in for a hug.