~33~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

We drove out to a cafe where Bruce agreed to meet us, and Bruce was happily eating food.

No one else was though, but I had a blueberry muffin.

"Come on, I feel like I'm the only one eating." Bruce said, pushing a plate forward to Nat.

"Try some of that, have some eggs."

"I'm so confused." Scott said, and Bruce shrugged him off, a nonchalant attitude around him.

"These are confusing times." He said, making Steve and I share an amused look.

"Right."

"No, no, that's not what I meant." Scott said, and Bruce laughed, dropping the confused act.

"No, I get it, I'm kidding!"

"What happened to you?" I asked, making Bruce chuckle.

"I know, It's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now."

"Yeah! How? Why?" Scott asked, and Bruce realised it was time to explain.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten, except it was worse for me, because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. After that, we all lost." He said, but Nat shook her head.

"No one blamed you, Bruce."

"I did." He responded, looking at me.

"For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of, but then I started looking at him as the cure."

No one said anything, so he continued.

"Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together, and now look at me. Best of both worlds." Bruce smiled proudly, and some children approached us carefully.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?"

"Yes?" Bruce asked, and the girl spoke up.

"Can we get a photo?"

"One hundred percent, little person. Come on, step up." He smiled, handing Scott the phone.

"Do you mind?"

"Oh, yeah." Scott responded, taking the phone and holding it up to take a photo of Bruce and the children.

"Thanks, say 'green'!" He said happily, and they all said it while Scott took the photo.

"Did you get that?" Banner asked, and Scott nodded, leaning over the table to hand back the phone.

"Do you wanna grab one with me?" Scott asked, looking at the children.

"I'm Ant-Man."

"They're Hulk fans, they don't know Ant-Man, nobody does." He mumbled, and Bruce shook his head.

"Wait, no, he feels bad. He wants you to-" He cut himself off, turning to one of the children.

"You want to take a picture with him, right?" The boy shook his head vigorously, looking at Bruce.

"Stranger Danger."

"He's even saying no he doesn't. I get it, I don't want it either." Scott said, making Bruce frown while Nat, Steve and I watched it unfold.

"But, come on, the kid!"

"I don't want a picture with them." Scott said, and I took a bite of my muffin, slowly getting more uncomfortable.