Epilogue

Shy ones crush,
Brave ones love.

Either way what matters is,
That they should be worth it,

To convert your one time crush,
Into a lifelong love.

....................................................

Your support has meant the world to me all along this beautiful journey.
I have read each and every comment you wrote for me and I want to thank you all for your inspiring words.

So with the mixed feelings of something so close to my and all of your hearts ending,

I will like to present before you the last chapter of COYM.

.................................................
12 years later
.................................................

A boy of merely 9 years, stood in a park staring at a girl playing with her friends.
His eyes anxious and hands rubbing on his Jean pants in stress.

A piece of paper in his back pocket, on which he wrote the words he could write with his childish handwriting.
Less of a love letter and more of a child's scribble on a piece of paper.

Sighing he managed to gather enough courage and approach her, his words coming out clearer than he thought.

"Jane...I want to talk to you"

The girl's smile vanished when she saw the boy.
Her friends snickering in the background, knowing what this was about.
After all rumours and gossips were all there girls liked to discuss about.

Approaching him, she asked in a voice laced with irritation.

"You again. What do you want?"

Before he could stop himself, he already spoke.

"You"

His words making more children to gather and laugh in the background.
While the scared soul looked down in embarrassment.

"What?"

The girl nearly shouted, making his brown eyes to widen and hands to shake.
Afraid of speaking something embarrassing again, he pulled out the piece of paper from his small back pocket and gave it to her.

Pulling it from his hands a bit harshly she looked at it.
Her eyes narrowing at the scribbled words with atrocious handwriting.

I like you, Jane

Love ❤️

Darian

Before she could say something, he thought of telling her his true feelings.
He started while staring at her anxiously.

"I like the way you wear matching pins, I...like how you twirl and your skirt twirls with you...I like how you smile...and your dimple..on your cheeks...I like your sweet voice...and yes...your shoes with butterflies....I like them...."

The girl looked at the boy blabbering anything that was coming in his mind.
Her friends rolling in laughter listening to him.

"I like everything...about you....I think I like you, princess Jane"

The little boy finally said it.
His little heart suffered the stress of his life for saying this.
A small smile present on his lips as he waited for her reply.

She stepped closer, making him to take one back, a bit scared of the fire in her eyes.

Next, he knows, she pulled up his hand and placed the letter in his palm.
His heart sinking on realising what this meant.