Mistaken

I lost my first kiss

I lost my freaking first kiss!!

I screamed in frustration throwing the pillows in the air and quilt on the ground.

Raven stared at me, bored with my childish tantrums.

"You know this is insane!! I mean you just kissed the Prince! Omg!! Can you believe it!!"

My next pillow attacked her face as I nearly screamed at her.

"He took my first kiss goddamit!! And you are happy!! You are not my friend anymore!! I hate you!!

Her face held surprise as she stared at me with mouth open.

" Are you serious?/You are pissed off because your crush took your first kiss?"

Sitting down on the bed I ran my hands through my now entangled hair.

"You don't understand Raven...he......he didn't want to kiss me...he just by accident had to.
Didn't you see the anger in his eyes after we kissed...he hates me and now he will hate me more!!"

"Oh come on! So what...it's no big deal for him...he kisses quite often why will he be pissed?"

"Exactly my point Raven...this kiss..it means nothing to him..but for me. It meant a lot!"

Raven's excited eyes lost their spark as she realised the truth behind my words.

She slumped down on the bed next to me

"You are right...for him, it was just a mere kiss."

I raised my eyebrows, exactly my point.

"No shit sherlock!! Now help me hide for few days...that Stacey will again try to bully me and I am in no mood of taking her or for that matter anyone's shit!"

"Aye aye captain!"

We both laid down on the bed with eyes fixed on the ceiling fan and mind in turmoil.

"By the way, you didn't tell me how was the kiss?"

This time I smacked her head and she cried in fake agony.

"Just shut up!"

..................................................

I managed to hide in the shadows once again.

Bunking classes
Hiding behind books
Minding my own business

I changed the corridor he walked in and made my way clear of him at all times.

But one day I knew I have to face him.
And it was inevitable

Nearly 2 weeks have passed since that incident.

It was my way to return to my class as my leaves were falling short and my scores will get compromised then.

As soon as I entered my eyes involuntary landed on the seat behind me and to my surprise it was empty.

Doing a happy dance in my mind, I rushed towards my seat and placed down my books.

Pulling ahead my seat and adjusting my things, my hands stopped when they landed on someone.

He was laughing at a joke his friend cracked and I could not help glare at him with all the hate I could muster.

My hands turning into fists, nearly cracking the pencil into two pieces.

As if sensing my stare, his eyes met mine and he froze.

His happiness, died down like a flickering bulb and fear entered his eyes.