Chapter 7 - Stupid Idea

- One week later -

about to do some testing yay

Yay, have fun :)

thanks :)
I'm really excited to finally get back into the car for real

Oh yes, me too!
I will have to wait another month until I'm back in Maranello unfortunately

but I'm also glad I have another break next week, where I don't have to do anything, no testing, no filming, nothing and can just chill at home. these past few days here have been so stressful

I can imagine
I'm actually trying to enjoy my break as well and not think too much about racing. Doesn't really work that well though :D
But do you actually want to spend your free week at home?

what do you mean? what else should I do?

I don't know, it was a stupid idea
Sorry, just forget about it, it's nothing

Lando didn't quite know why, but he could sense that something was wrong.
Arthur usually shared all of his dumb ideas with him and never felt shy or awkward about it. So what was making him act so insecure all of a sudden?
Not being able to just shake this feeling, that something's wrong, off, Lando decided to just call him to check if everything's alright. It took only a few seconds until the Monegasque picked up the phone.

"Hi"

"Hey, are you okay? You seem ... I don't know, different, I guess. When did you get so shy?"

"Sorry, I just had an idea and now I can't stop thinking about it anymore. But if you think it's really stupid please just tell me, okay?

"You don't have to be sorry about anything! What is it? It can't be that stupid."

"I... I thought that maybe you would want to spend your break somewhere else? Like Monaco for example?"

"Are you actually asking me, what I think your asking me right now?"

"If you think I'm asking you to come visit me during your break, then yes. But you can say no of course, no pressure. It was just an idea."

"Arthur, that's not a stupid idea. I think that's in fact the least stupid idea you ever had."

"So that's a yes?"

"Yes."

They were both quiet for a second, solely grinning into their phones.

"Wow, I don't know what to say now. I didn't think you would really say yes."

"Why not?"

"I don't know, it just seems so surreal. I'm actually really nervous now."

"I can tell, your voice is literally shaking and your accent just got so much stronger within 2 seconds. But I'm a little nervous too, don't worry."

"I just...I'm not really as confident and direct in real life, as I am over the phone. So I don't want you to think of me differently because of that. I'm the same, I'm just more shy at first. I'm afraid you'll think I just played a role while talking to you all this time and I'm actually really boring and you will not like me how I am in person."

"I don't think you're boring! I actually think it's really cute that you're so shy about this all of a sudden. I'm sure, you're just as amazing in real life as you are over the phone. And I will probably be even more shy and nervous than you, when we finally get to see each other, plus I'm pretty sure my face will be Ferrari red again, so you don't have to worry about this at all, okay?"

"Oh my god, I'm going to see my little spoon blush in real life! I'm afraid I might have to jump you right then and there at the airport when I see that."

"Aaand the confidence is back!"

"Yes, I'm not as scared anymore, thank you."

"So I can actually book a plane ticket now?"

"Yes please."