Chapter 22

Silence...

All Aaron could hear was silence, as if the guards themselves were shocked, the ringing in Aaron's ear getting louder and louder the longer the silence last. Zianna's eyes widened as they suddenly hear a thud and someone yelling, "What have you done!!", Aaron steps back from the door, "Aaron, we need to go now," Zianna says, keeping her voice down as she grabs Aaron's hand.

Zianna pulls Aaron down the stairs to the back door exit, coming to a stop as turns to see tears running down Aaron's face as he lets go of her hand and faces the wall, not hiding his tears, but hiding his eyes. Zianna goes to hug Aaron from behind, closing her eyes just in case.

"Aaron, I know this is difficult to do, but we have to keep moving, if we stay here any longer the guards will find us," Zianna says and flinches when hearing Aaron smash his fist to the wall. "Aaron, don't!! If we get caught then Melissa's sacrifice will be for nothing!! She sacrificed herself to protect you, so don't let it go to waste!!" Zianna yells, pulling away as Aaron covers his face with his hands.

Zianna grabs Aaron's shoulder, making him turn around, "She's a lot like you, you know. Doing everything she can to protect those she loves, don't blame yourself and don't be angry with her, when you know you would do the same," Zianna says, keeping her voice calm as she goes to grab Aaron's hands from his face. Aaron had his eyes closed as he takes deep breathes, slowly opening his eyes and staring at the ground until he was fully sure his eyes were gone.

"Alright...," Aaron says, his voice cracking a bit as he knew he couldn't stop and cry at this moment, not wanting to get Zianna caught. "I need you to stay with me Aaron, not only to find my sons but to also know that you're safe," Zianna explains as she puts a hand on Aaron's cheek. "I'm sorry, I'll...I'll be alright for now..." Aaron says as Zianna pulls her hand away. "We need to hide," Aaron states as he picks up the briefcase.

"Where to?" Zianna asks, seeming curious about what's in the briefcase but know it doesn't seem right to ask. "I know a place, me and Aph camped there for when I proposed to her," Aaron explains. "Isn't that back towards the resort?" Zianna questions, "Yeah, but we'll probably make it there through the woods," Aaron explains. He goes to walk out through an alleyway but Zianna stops him, "Aaron, your ears," Zianna points out, Aaron nods and quickly made his ears disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucinda, Garroth, and Kim, all land on the ground from a small height, but it still caused him pain as they groaned. Their bodies aching as they slowly sat themselves up, checking for any serious injuries, but nothing but aches and probably some bruises that will form in a few. Garroth looks around to where they were, noticing some people were staring at them confused but they continued walking.

It wasn't until Garroth saw the familiar star symbol on the giant Ferris wheel that he knew where they were at. "You took us right in the middle of Starlight Adventure park?!" Garroth yells as they stand up, Lucinda and Kim also getting up and brushing themselves off. "I told you that I didn't know where we'd end up!!" Lucinda states, walking over to Kim to check if she was okay.

"Look, that's him!! He's the one being wanted!!" Someone yells, pointing at Garroth as everyone seemed to start panicking. "Someone call the guards!!" Someone yells, as the three slowly back away, "We need to hide," Kim says as they all start running, some people yelling to go after them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane lands on the balcony, seeming out of breath as he lays there, trying to watch his breath, his arms aching. He sits up and looks over to check if Aphmau had made it, and luckily she did, hunched over as she was also exhausted. They turn to each other, giving each other a reassuring nod, and head inside a stranger's hotel room.