Chapter 12

Travis sat the couch, watching tv as Katelyn lied down, her head on Travis lap, half asleep. The two decided to stay in today since Katelyn is still a little nauseous from being drunk last night. Travis phone suddenly ringed, Katelyn let out a groan of annoyance. Travis checks the caller ID and smiled at see it was Garroth. He picks up and presses the phone to his ear.

~~~Call~~~

"Hey Garroth, what's up?" Travis asks in a cheerful tone, "Hey Travis, I wanted to invite you and Katelyn to a party that's going to take place at the beach," Garroth explains. "A party at the beach?" Travis repeats, seeming to know what Garroth is talking about.

"Oh, is it the fundraiser party?" Travis asks as he's seen flyers of the party being tapped on buildings and being passed out by Starlight employees. "Yeah, it starts tonight at 5 and almost everyone we know is going," Garroth informs. "Well me and Katelyn weren't planning on going, but now knowing that our friends will be there, we'll definitionally go," Travis responds.

Travis turns when hearing Katelyn let out a groan and sees her holding a thumbs up, "Yup, me and Katelyn will meet you at the beach when it starts," Travis says. "Great, very excited to be able to hang with your guys!" Garroth says cheerfully. They say their goodbyes before hanging up.

~~~Call ends~~~

After hanging up, Katelyn sits in, letting out a yawn and rubbing her eyes, "Well morning sleeping beauty," Travis tease as Katelyn turns to him, still tired as she lets out a soft chuckle. "I'm gonna go wash up..." she mumbles and gets up from the couch, going to the bathroom.

Although Travis and Katelyn have told everyone that they're in a relationship, the truth is that they've been faking their relationship, due to the fact that Travis has lied to his father about being in a relationship with Katelyn. Travis begged Katelyn to play along and decided to lie to everyone else, just so their cover doesn't get blown.

Although their relationship is just a lie and they plan on making a fake break up after vacation, Travis has been wishing for their fake relationship to turn into a reality. But deep down, Travis has a feeling that it won't happen.

But...I love her...

Travis groans in frustration and covers his face with his hands, falling on his side on the couch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a couple of hours, it was finally time to get going to the party. Zane, Garroth, and Ryland were waiting by the door as Lucinda, Kim, Dottie, and Melissa wanted to get ready. After about a couple of minutes, the girls came downstairs, all wearing tropical theme breezy dresses with their hair and make-up done.

"You girls look nice," Ryland compliments, "But it's a beach party, not a ball," Zane comments which irritated the girls but they didn't take offense to it. "We better get going, Travis and Katelyn have been waiting for us," Garroth says and exits the house with everyone following, making their way to the beach.

The sun was still out but it'll soon start to set as it was starting to get a bit windy, which Zane liked due to the fact that he's sweating so much. Music could be heard by the distance, getting louder as they were getting closer.

People were dancing to the music as there was a light-up color dance floor on the sand. There were booths set up, selling Starlight merch and some were held activities for the children. There was also a buffet table with a bunch of sweets and drinks, a barbecue was being held to serve burgers, steak, or hotdogs, as there were also tables to sit.

Zane didn't find the party to be bad since it had lots of activities and food, "Hey!!" A familiar voice yelled. Everyone turned to see Travis waving at us over with Katelyn, holding drinks. They walked to them as Lucinda and Kim hugged Katelyn while Garroth and Travis talked.