too young to feel this way - daniel ricciardo

a/n: ok this is for fendior literally so sorry its taken me so long :/// my bad.

Word count: 642

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had been so stressed with university you had barely had time to even think let alone reply to anyone.

You looked up from your desk and gazed out of the window. You became lost in thought about your boyfriend Daniel as the Italian sun brushed against your cheeks gently through the half open window.

You'd met the F1 driver 2 years ago when you had first gone to university. You had somehow walked into each other in a supermarket outside of Monza and had been instantly drawn to the bright eyes and captivating smile of the driver. You'd hit it off immediately, which you had soon learnt was Daniel's speciality, and had been together ever since.

You didn't get to see much of him whilst you continued your study in Rome and he travelled the world racing but you made time for each other whenever you could and you had even managed to make it to a few races, keeping yourself well hidden from the cameras so that people didn't connect you to Daniel. Not that Daniel had wanted that, he always explained that he wanted to show you off but you were hesitant.

You smiled slightly at the thought of Daniel and how excited you were to see him later this evening because had some time off with the summer break. He had planned to fly out as soon as the race ended which gave you plenty of time to study before he arrived.

Your face fell at the thought of his expectations when you saw each other after you had been apart for some time. He was your first proper boyfriend and you hadn't experienced anything with anyone, ever. It made you nervous. You were only 21 and you knew about Daniel's reputation of being good with girls and your mind wandered thinking about how much experience he must have.

Your face was drawn into a tight frown and you sighed frustratedly. You jumped when you heard an all too familiar laugh from the doorway. You turned and your face lit up at the sight. There stood Daniel, perfect as always, maybe looking a bit tired but you wouldn't tell him that.

"Dan!" you exclaimed happily and crossed the room quickly so you could wrap yourself around him. "You scared me what are you doing?" You laughed and inhaled his familiar scent. Beyond happy he was home.

"Well, I did knock and I called out to you baby" He laughed in response and pulled you in tighter before giving you a kiss on the forehead. "What were you thinking about love?" He queried and pulled away to look at you.

Your smile faded; you knew you would have to tell him but it was so embarrassing you didn't want to. You looked away from his gaze, a light flush on your cheeks. "It's silly" you replied.

"It looks like it was bothering you, and if it was bothering you then it's not silly to me" He said, his usual supportive smile plastered on his face.

You sighed "I just feel inexperienced with everything considering I'm younger than you" you told him but you couldn't meet his eyes while you did.

There was a pause and it caused you to panic, it was unlike Daniel to have nothing to say. You looked at him and he looked taken aback. He kissed your forehead again. "I really don't mind angel, it doesn't matter to me, we can take as long as you need." He smiled at you to reassure you and you felt a slight weight lifted off your shoulders. "How about we practice?" He suggested, wiggling his eyebrows at you causing you both to burst into laughter.

Once the laughter had subsided you nodded subtly and Daniel understood immediately and took your hand before gently leading you into your bedroom.