armor - Pierre Gasly

a/n: another song related one, this one is Armor by Landon Austin. hope you guys enjoy!

word count:448

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't think you were particularly weak. You had always been able to hold your own. In every way. Work, school, in a club, nothing bothered you and you were somewhat proud that you could stand up for yourself.

That completely changed when you met Pierre. You were no longer as bulletproof as you still claimed to be. He got you in every way possible and even in ways you didn't think could be a weakness. You never knew what to say when he made you the enemy during an argument. You went speechless, your heart feeling like it had been ripped out of your chest and even though you two always made up and your heart was repaired you always knew there would be another war to fight and you weren't ready.

Whenever you argued you were always the one who gave in first, you surrendered more than he did because you knew how important it was not to lose him and although you know he wouldn't leave you in the middle of an argument it always flashed across your mind when you were yelling at each other across the bedroom, it was normally about something incredibly stupid anyway. That's why you always let him take your defences and you laid down your armor and knew that he was where you were meant to be.

When you had first met, in a dimly lit restaurant in Paris, you had spent the whole night together. You explored the city and spoke for hours and hours with the city illuminated softly by the street lights and the rain falling occassionally. You had known then, under the lights of the Eiffel Tower, where he had made you open wounds and let him know you entirely, that he was who you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. Even then you were ok if that meant just one night in Paris together because the feelings he gave you made it seem like you had already spent a lifetime with him.

He was your escape and when he was gone you wanted nothing more than for him to return, never understanding why he had to be away for so long but respecting it was what he had always dreamed of doing. You felt like he was your safe place and whenever you needed him you knew he would be there for you. You didn't know what you would do without him.

You were glad that you had Pierre, he was your shelter and your sun and everything you ever wanted all in one person and you made sure to appreciate him every day. And he was beyond grateful for it.