Chapter 8

Juliette and Lauren were lying on their stomachs on Charles' king sized bed, flicking through fashion magazines while Charles was working on his History essay at his mahogany desk.

"What are you going to do about parent's day this week?" Lauren asks the curly haired brunette lying next to her who shrugs in response.

"Grandma offered to go but apparently Lorelai shut her down almost immediately, I think she's having some Rory territorial issues." Jules replied, flipping through the vogue in front of her absentmindedly.

"My mom said that she will go on behalf of you too, so long as you promise to have lunch with us." Charles pipes up, brows furrowed as he chews on the end of his pen, searching for any mistakes in his essay.
"Well duh! Who else would I be eating lunch with, except for my favourite Morelli."

Charles looks up with a look of offence plastered over his face, "You best be referring to me as your favourite Morelli and not my mother."

Juliette licked her index finger dramatically and loudly flicked to the next page of her magazine, leaving Charlie to move his hand to his heart, feigning offence.

"The audacity!" Charles says, for Lauren to throw a pillow at him,

"Hurry up with your essay you idiot." She rolls her eyes at him, only for Charles to pock his tongue out in response.

"God maybe I should go to parents day as the parent of you two children." Juliette laughs at the antics of her two friends.

"Have you guys heard about Paris' parents?" Lauren inquires, clearly finished with flicking through magazines.

Juliette chews on her bottom lip, "Poor girl, it's all anyone can talk about, I feel so bad for her." Charles nods in agreement,

"I couldn't even imagine my parents in a messy divorce, let alone having it be all anyone can talk about."

"And this is Paris, she is so high strung most of the time that it's a wonder she hasn't snapped yet." Lauren points out,

"Lala, that's not very nice! Paris is our friend." Juliette pokes her arm

"It's not mean, it's the truth. I love the girl but she needs to chill from time to time." Lauren in shrugs in response.

"Anyway, my dudes, I have got to be going, James and I are meeting up and going to the movies." Charlie and Juliette share a knowing wink with each other as Lauren gives them both a kiss goodbye.

Charles moves over to his bed, lying next to Jules. She's not quite sure if he has finished his essay, or if his essay has finished with him.

"That girl is head over heels smitten with that boy." Juliette bites her lip, not sure if she should bring up the sensitive topic of her birthday after party or not.

"What about you Charlie?" Charles turns his head quizzically towards Jules. "We never spoke about what happened at my party again."

Charles immediately averts his eye contact he was holding. His brown eyes suddenly finding the duvet underneath him very interesting.

"I, uh, I don't really know Jules."

She scoots a little closer to him, putting a reassuring. Hand on Charlie's forearm.

"Do you think that maybe you are gay?" Jules' thumb rubs circular motions into his skin as Charles continues to stare at his duvet cover.

"I don't know Jules, maybe?" He looks up suddenly at Juliette, his eyes wide with panic, "You can't tell anyone about this Jules. Not even Lauren, not until I know. How I feel." Charles pleads.