Chapter 4

Later on that week, Rory came up to her sister in the morning before classes began. Moving towards her target at her locker.

Juliette couldn't quite comprehend Rory's incessant need to have an emotional connection with her twin, and had previously thought that the two girls had an unspoken agreement to leave each other along at school.

But perhaps this was an unspoken agreement just on Juliette's behalf.

"Juliette, I need your help for Mr. Medina's class."

Juliette slams her locker door closed, making her twin sister jump at the harsh sound. "Not interested." Juliette begins to walk down the hallway, assuming their interaction was over. Except Rory was like an incessant fly that wouldn't leave her alone.

"Please! I got a D on the last assignment and I really need to raise my grade and do better..." Rory trailed off as she sees her sisters cold eyes directed towards her.

"And remind me how that is my problem?" Juliette raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow at her sister, who has this nervous buzz surrounding her.

"Well, uh, you tutor people right? So, uh, can you tutor me?" Juliette looks hers desperate sister up and down, noting her slightly bitten fingernails and how tightly she is clutching her textbook in her hands.

"Fine." Juliette narrows her eyes at her sister when she begins to smile, "I will be waiting in the library at 3:05 and if you are not there by 3:10 then I will be leaving and will not help you." Rory goes to say something but is cut off by her sister who wasn't finished stating her conditions, "I have dance practice at 5:30 so I will help you until 5 O'Clock."

Just as suddenly as the conversation started, the discussion had ended before Rory could even get out a thank you. Juliette walking away, down the hall to her two best friends who had been sending curious looks at the duo during the entire interaction.

"Doth mine eyes deceive me Lala, or was our darling Jules consorting with she who shall not be named?"

"No, dear Charlie, your eyes are in working condition." Juliette rolls her eyes at her two friends as they both straighter up from the wall that they were leaning on waiting.

"You two are incorrigible... Besides she's not she who shall not be named... she's the spawn of satan."

Charles out his arms around the two girls, leading them outside. "Well are you at least going to tell us what the she-witch wanted before you go all Orestes on us?"

Juliette looked down at her hands, not quite being able to look the two people - who can read her like a book - in the eye, "She's asked me to tutor her for the Shakespeare test."

"That cow!" Lauren yells out, "She puts up will all that crap with your mother and now she's asking you for favours!"

"I, uh, said I would help her." Lauren and Charles both whip their heads at their abnormaally meek friend, who has never said a good thing about her sister, tending to keep conversation about her to the minimum. 

"Are you sure you are okay to do that? I can tell her to piss off..." 

Juliette suddenly felt a flash of anger run through her, ice cold. "I can assure you Charles, that I am not some pathetic little girl with mommy issues. I am sure that I will be fine thank you." Juliette shrugs out of Charles' grip and walks away from her two friends. Heading in the direction to her first class, which she will be arriving early to.

Juliette knows her reaction is childish and dramatic, but god she really hates being seen as some vulnerable and fragile little girl. This is her sister for gods sake. She shared a womb with the girl for 9 months, it's not like she can't spend a single afternoon tutoring her.