"Drug Dealing Prodigy"

ACE

               Mavis's scream woke Ace in a heartbeat.

               "Isla Inej Griffon!" 

               There was instantly a gun in Ace's hand. She aimed it at the door, but―

                Mavis was holding up a backpack, shaking it in the air of the corridor. Across the hall, Ace could see the door to Isla's hotel room open.

                "What is this?"  Mavis demanded.

                 Just two days ago, Ace had watched American cartoon shows the whole night. This moment reminded her of the Tasmanian devil, with steam rising from his ears.

                  Isla blinked sleepily as she shuffled to the doorway of her room.

                  "What is going on?" Ace said. Tightening her fingers on the gun.

                  She was already scanning the rooms, the hallway―

                  "Hey, Ace?" Isla said, a small, evil grin forming on her lips. "You're naked."  

                  Ace looked down. She was wearing a lace bra and panties, but―that was all.

                 "Ace isn't naked," Mavis said, flustered. "And you are in so much trouble right now you shouldn't even talk, young lady!"

                  "I'm innocent," Isla said automatically.

                  "She is innocent," Ace agreed.

                  "Not you, too!" Mavis snapped. She waved the bag wildly in the air. "Care to explain this?"

                   "Do it in your own room!" someone shouted through the wall. "It's the ass crack of dawn, go to sleep!"

                   Mavis took off her shoe and smacked the wall. "Fuck yourself and your mother, puta!" 

                   Then she grabbed Isla, dragging her back into the room along with Ace.

                   "What,"  Mavis seethed, "is this?" 

                    "What?" Isla said. 

                    "I said, what is this?  Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about! You have an IQ of 159, so you better start explaining."

                     "I do not understand," Ace said. "You are holding a Dora backpack. What is the problem?"

                     "The problem is that my daughter has a wallet filled with $872 of cash! Pure cash!" Mavis placed both hands on either side of Isla's face, kneeling down. "Are you a drug dealer? You can tell me if you're a drug dealer. I can deal with it." Mavis took a breath. "That's a lie. If you tell me you're a drug dealer, I'm going to freak the fuck out. Please tell me you're not a drug dealer." Mavis took another breath. "Actually, just tell me the truth. I don't mind. I can hear it."

                       Isla bit her lip. "I'm not a drug dealer."

                       "Where did that money come from?"