Chapter 37 || Show Me

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!! ♥️

————

It's the day before the party, and I'm currently sitting in the car with Cabby. I'm streaming Ariana Grande again, but unlike Adrian, Kaden didn't seem to mind.

"You like Ariana, bro?" I ask him.

"She's not bad."

"What's your type, bro?"

"Brunette," After a pause he adds, "And blondes."

"Brunettes are cute, bro. So, are you ready for the party tomorrow night, bro?" I keep calling him bro after what I told Adrian the other day. I told him I'd bro-zone Kaden, but I'm kind of hoping Kaden will get the hint right about now.

"I feel like there's something different about you today."

"I'm not really sure, bro. What do you think it is bro?" How dense is this man?!

"Are you trying to tell me something?"

"I don't know, you tell me, bro." Kaden blinks. Good lord, is he being ignorant on purpose? Everyone always told me he was manipulative and would get what he wanted out of someone eventually, but right now, he's really ticking me off.

"I don't know."

I feel my eye twitch and my hands itch to wrap around his neck and shake him into his senses. "Kaden, you're like a brother to me." If he was disappointed, it didn't show. But after knowing Adrian for more than a month, I think he looked disappointed.

"Okay, Bailey."

That's it? He took it way better than I expected. I'm impressed. He was always egoistical, and hated when his ego was punctured. So... I'm glad he took this okay. "Can you drop me off to my apartment? I'm expecting a package, and if I don't pick it up soon, the Karen who lives next door to me will start shouting at me for blocking her path. Is it really my fault that she's so big? I'm not here to body shame, but like, lady, please leave me and my package alone," I rant.

"Do you want her to leave?" He frowns slightly. "I can make her leave."

"No! Let's not kick people out of their homes just yet," I laugh as he takes a turn in his car in the direction of my apartment.

"I've done it before."

"Don't do it now. As much as she irritates me, it's not right to make someone leave their home for that. Right?"

"Sure."

After a moment of awkward silence, Kaden speaks up again. "My dad is divorcing my stepmom again."

"I'm sorry," I reply. Was he happy about it? Or was he sad?

"Don't be. Saw this coming. Ava got slightly bitchy towards dad, and stepmom got involved. It got violent, before they decided they didn't want each other anymore," He explains. "Kind of glad Ava won't be part of our family anymore."

"Good, because you're getting another family member."

He rolls his eyes. "I get it. You brozoned me. You're like a sister now. You don't have to rub it in."

I blink. "I was talking about Dylan and Luna's child." Kaden's neck snaps towards and I hear it crack. He winces, but looks at me eagerly.

"He's going to be a dad?" I could see the smile creep up onto his face. He really loved his brother.