Chapter 46 || Talking

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure ya vote!! ♥️

————

Adrian

She looked so scared, so vulnerable. It hurt me to see her like this. Her entire body was trembling in my hold, I could hear her heart beat loudly and her teeth chatter uncontrollably.

"I love you too," She whispers back, before burying her face in my chest. That's when I knew I'd do anything for her to make everything okay. "Let's go home, Adrian," She sobs. "Let's go home."

She didn't have to tell me twice. I scooped her up in my arms, knowing that she was tired from all that running and plus. She was sore. I couldn't let her go through pain like that. I was slightly out of breath from running after her, but I didn't care.

All that matters right now is her. My girl. My Bailey.

She looks weak in my arms. She wasn't smiling. She was barely moving. She was lost in a deep thought, and I felt as if I could do nothing but wait for her to return.

I felt the rain pour down, drenching to both of us. I began to walk faster towards the car, not wanting her to get sick from the cold. I noticed that my sweatshirt that she was wearing was splattered in blood.

I nearly start running, and when we reach I gently place her in the car. "Let me take off that sweatshirt," I tell her, slowly sliding the blood covered sweatshirt off her shivering body. Then I take off my jacket and put it on her, so she doesn't get cold without a sweatshirt.

She doesn't say anything, but her lips continue to quiver at a dangerously fast rate. I quickly close the door so that more cold air doesn't make its way into the car. I climb into the driver's seat.

Unlike the usual, she doesn't begin to stream Ariana Grande. So I play some for her, hoping that it'll make her feel better. Then I step on the gas so we can get home as fast as possible.

I pull the car into the garage of our home, so that when I carry her out she won't get any more wet in the rain. She needs a hot shower. I carry her out of the car and into the house from the garage.

"Do you want to shower?" I ask her softly. She simply closes her eyes, nodding her head ever so slightly. I carry her up the stairs towards my bathroom, turning on the shower to hot. I unzip the jacket, taking it off her.

She steps into the shower when she's fully undressed. "I'll be out here, if you need anything," I tell her before walking out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me but not locking it.

I lift my shirt off my body, tossing it carelessly to a corner. I dress into some dry clothes and begin to dry my hair with a towel. I make sure to keep an eye on the bathroom door, just in case she needs me.

I take a seat on the bed, bouncing my legs at the speed of light. She wanted to order vegan chinese takeout today, right? I quickly pull out my phone, staring at the numbers of my screen for a while before typing the passcode in.

I get it wrong. I give up on reading the numbers right and begin to count the numbers so I get the right numbers. It takes a while, but I get my phone unlocked. I open Safari and open voice typing to save some damn time.

I voice type 'vegan chinese takeout' and get a list of restaurants. I click on the first one, and press 'call'. When I'm done, I'm promised delivery in the next thirty minutes. I toss my phone to the other side of the bed, and lay down on my back.

Fuck, I can never relax on the bed. Probably because of all the times I've slept on the floor during my childhood. Most of the time, my foster care folks wouldn't bother to get me a bed, so I found comfort sleeping on the floor.

When my so-called mother took me back, she tried to force me to sleep on the bed by threatening me. I hated sleeping on the bed ever since then. Maybe if she hadn't done that, I probably would have slept on the bed every now and then, but I fucking hate it now.

"Adrian..." A delicate voice speaks. My head snaps towards the bathroom door to see Bailey wrapped in one of my bathrobes.

"What do you need?" I ask, getting off the bed and walking towards her. "I'm here." At those words her face crumples up into a heart wrenching sob. "Hey, hey, don't cry," I try but it doesn't work. Wow, Adrian. Way to go.

"You're so good to me," She cries. "I've never done anything like that to you. You buy me gifts, take good care of me, make sure I'm not hurting, and all I've ever given you is pain. I love you so much, but I'm not expressing it enough. I don't fucking deserve you. I didn't listen to you, and I went to go see him. I'm not even hurt that he's dead. I'm glad that he is... but I hurt your feelings. I hurt your feelings by going to see him. I'm such a bad girlfriend."

She has no idea. She has no idea how much she means to me. "Baby," I begin, stroking her cheek with my thumb, wiping away the tears. "You have no idea what you've done for me. You make me happy, you make me want to do everything just for you. Everything I do is just for you. I've never felt this way for anyone before. I want you to know that your smile is everything to me. I can't bear to see you like this."

She pulls me into a tight, loving hug. "I love you so much."

"I love you too," I pat her back. "Now let's see that smile," I say. "The world is brighter when you smile."

She looks up at me with big, cute eyes and smiles in a scarring manner, crossing her eyes and smiling like the Cheshire Cat. I laugh, throwing my head back. "Is that smile enough for you?"

That's what I loved most about Bailey. She could be sad one second, and then joking the other second. She was a walking mood swing.

"What do you want to do?"

"Talk. Just talk with you. And eat food."

"That's it?"

"It's more than enough right now."

I take a seat on the floor, leaning against the bedstead of the couch as Bailey places her head on my lap, extending her legs, taking a minute to stretch. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything."

"Okay. Have I mentioned that you look sexy in that bathrobe?"

She chuckles. "Tell me something I don't know," She teases, looking up at me with those adorable big eyes. I lean down closer to her.

"I'm getting your name tattooed on my chest."

"Y-you are?"

"You said you wanted it under my jaw, but I thought it would be better if I tattooed it on my chest because that's where my heart would be."

"I love you," She whispers. "Now I want a tattoo. I want it on my collarbone, and I want it to be your name."

"Okay, then. I bet mine will look prettier though. It is your name after all."

She opens her mouth to reply, but I hear my phone ring. I have half a mind not to pick up, but I check the contact anyway. My mood instantly darkens when I see the caller.

"One second, baby," I tell Bailey before placing the phone to my ear.

"My dear ex-boyfriend, Adrian. How are you doing without me?" 

————

a/n: well, kind of in a dark mood again right now so i thought this would be the chapter where i introduce more drama :) i already knew that i was going to do this but like, i was planning to put it off until next chapter. 

anyhooooooooooooooo, adrian is so sweet, i want him. 

i hope you enjoyed reading this chapter ♥️

thank you for reading! i love you!!!