Chapter 60 || Smexy

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote! ♥️

————

"Why are you packing sunscreen?" I question. "It's literally January." We were leaving for the evening flight, which was in seven hours. As of now, I had no idea where we were going because Adrian claimed that it was going to be a surprise.

Bullshit, is what I say to that. I'm going to need to where we're going. I'm not going to 'solve the mystery'. Ain't nobody got time for that.

"Don't question me," Adrian replies, as he dumps a few more things into the suitcase. I kick his shin, just for fun. "Ow!" He yelps, but continues to pack.

"Adrian Romero, if you're not going to tell me where we're going, then at least tell me why you need sunscreen!"

"You can never be too careful," He states like one of those grandmothers. My hands itch to wrap around his neck and shake him into his senses. "And don't call me Romero."

"Gopher!"

"Let's not do this right now."

"No."

"I-"

"No."

"I love you."

I smile. "No."

"I'm done packing. Let's begin driving to the airport. I still can't believe you made me take the regular flight instead of my private jet," He complains.

"It's bad for the environment."

"Pfft," He scoffs but I frown at him. "You're totally right."

"Thank you." I reply as I wrap my very noodle-like arms around the suitcase and begin to hoist it down the stairs. After one step, I drop it back down on the ground. "Why is this shit so heavy? Adrian, are you smuggling a dead body in here?"

"It's not even that heavy," He shrugs as he takes the suitcase from me with one hand and holds the other one with his other hand. Pfft, show off. I was just being modest by pretending I couldn't lift it. That's totally what happened.

"Why are we even packing this much for a one week trip?"

"You can never be too careful."

"I will hurt you if you don't tell me."

He simply ignores me and carries the bags down the stairs. "Why don't you ask your men to do it?" I ask him.

"They are here to help me with my mafia, not carry bags for me," He answers. I roll my eyes and shake my head but I have to admire that he doesn't ask them to do small things for him.

"You've been working out a lot more. Your back muscles look ripped," I compliment. Once he places the bags down, he turns to me, flexing his biceps.

"You like them?" He smirks, flexing his arms. I think I drooled a little here as his muscles contract and relax.

"I like them very much. Can I feel them?" Bitch, shut up! He's your ex-boyfriend! He's supposed to be working to get you back! You can't just feel his muscles!

"They're all yours," He replies, holding his arms out to me. I almost run towards him before I can stop myself and wrap my arms around his muscle. They're so hard... They feel amazing!

"I want to go to the gym with you," I tell him. "My arms are literal noodles, and my stamina doesn't even match that of a rat's."

"Okay."