♥ 12 ♥

♡ ♥  As your rump landed on the ground, purple wisps from the portal followed you, licking your skin until it faded into the thin air of the Nether.

The heat was something you welcomed, your red fingers numb from the cold tingling as they warmed. You had no doubt that the tips of your ears and nose were also red from the snow you were just immersed in. It was hardly noticeable until now.

"We have another one over here sir!" Someone's voice sounded close to you, causing you to jump to your feet. The iron sword Phil gave you was still firmly in your hand, ready to cut though more bone if needed. Thankfully, a familiar face entered your vision, causing you to lower your sword.

"(Y/n)! It's you!" Their soft voice caught in your ears as they engulfed you in a small hug. Bad had a smile on his face, his surprise easy to detect in his voice. His arrowed tail swished with excitement. You couldn't blame him, it was mere days ago you had left with no plan on returning soon. The male had let you go before waving to whoever was behind him, signalling something with his hand.

"Bad? I thought you would be at the fortress, what are you doing over here?" You inquired, peering over his shoulder to see another person walking over to you.

"Well, it's kind of confusing for us too..." Bad didn't finish, for someone else had joined in the small meeting. "This is Skeppy, my best friend and partner in battle."

You nodded to Skeppy. "And I'm (y/n)"

"Nice to meet you (y/n), Bad has mentioned you to me before, so it's nice to finally meet you." The two of you shook hands, and instantly you could tell he too, was an experienced fighter from his calloused hands and way he carried himself. "We've had a sudden fluctuation of people crossing the portal without gear, stating that the town was being raided by unknown mobs..."

"I didn't think they had the guts to cross, but I can't blame them...." you pondered, thinking about how you would react. The sword in your hand seemed to grow heavier as you spoke, "Wither skeletons have entered the Overworld, and they attacked this town and seem to be spreading fast."

The news you delivered to the two males had surely shocked them, seeing as their expressions similarity followed each other. The silence between the three of you almost drown out the distant cries of Ghasts and lava.

Skeppy recovered first, clearing his throat while eyeing the portal to the Overworld nervously. "We need to warn Lord Technoblade then, and see what he has to say."

"I agree, he would know what to do better than all of us." Bad nodded, turning and beginning the journey back to the fortress. You and Skeppy followed, allowing you to almost touch the tension within the thin hot air of the Nether. Something was brewing, and it was soon going to spill.

««-------- ≪ °◇◆◇° ≫ --------»»

The walk seemed to take forever compared to when you first arrived. Perhaps it was because you could could each heartbeat drumming in your ears from the adrenaline leaving your system. Or maybe you could just be excited to see those who you only just left days ago.

Either way, when the castle appeared behind a netherack pillar, your breath was caught in your throat. You could make out sparkles of gold armour dotting the walls, eyes overlooking the burning land for signs of ash coloured skeletons. The castles strength was intimidating, easing your nerves from the thought of being attacked here. Technoblade's home was strong, guarded by those who would give their lives for not his position, but for him as a living being.

You admired him in a way.

When you entered the castle, an unknown sense of security settled on you. It was almost like the church attic you spent your days in, stealing from the pockets of intoxicated men and women, but instead you felt safer, like nothing could touch you.