♡ 25 ♡

♡ ♥ Technoblade's heart had never felt more empty, for it had been torn away with you.

After watching you escape his grasp so easily, his chest held a constant pain that no medicine could heal. Instead, after finally deactivating all the portals in his castle, he poured all his rage in finishing off every skeleton until they were nothing but dust in the corners of old cabinets- but even then it wasn't enough to calm him.

He cursed at himself, blaming himself for not seeing the signs that so blatantly hung in front of him. Adrian's previous affiliations with the past king, his silver words echoing in his ears months after taking the crown- bribing him on acting the same actions as the Lava King. He should have known he had been the one behind everything.

He knew where he had taken you, for the Enderman had foolishly left clues of his whereabouts in his old office- pointing right to an abandoned war post built many years ago. His spies had come back and confirmed the swarming number of skeletons around the tower, no doubt holding you hostage. At first, Technoblade wondered why Adrian had taken you in particular, why not Phil, or Dream? But then it clicked when his heart gave another full throb- Adrian knew he loved you, deciding to take something most precious to him.

It was killing two birds with one stone.

Books laid strewn across his room as he strapped on his armour. His army had been given a day to prepare, the plan had been to storm the tower with his army, knowing well that Wither Skeletons would be no match to his forces.

That being said, a lingering fear ached in his heart. He did not fear death. No. He only feared that you wouldn't be alive when he arrived.

Netherite armour was the most powerful protection one could have, and the armour he wore now was the same set he brandished when he overthrew the Lava King. The onyx coloured ore shone purple in the light, casting its enchanted hue all over the surface. Each piece he shackled on brought him back to the day his life was to change forever, reminding him that this day would be no different.

Today would change his life forever once again.

A few books sat neatly upon his desk, hours of his time taken by words about dead, forgotten, and forbidden languages. Each one held different information, but only one held what he needed.

The magic that you had learned was dangerous of course, but the sheer power it took to learn and wield the magic that came with the language had scholars baffled for many years. With the magic you had learned; It had once been common to bring creatures to life long after their death, creating sand into bones and dirt into flesh.

It had been perfect for summoning the Wither.

A three-headed beast that could heal itself with each drop of blood spilled, a single head able to spit a flaming ball of death that could destroy anything in its wake. Technoblade had been familiar in fighting the creatures, for the Lava King had one on his side when being overrun by his small army. The beast didn't go down easily, and it claimed many of his friends lives, leaving a small handful of them left.

And according to his books, creating them with magic allowed them to be much bigger and stronger than ones summoned with blood.

Even with the threat of death, Technoblade would not stop to save you. Already his heart yearned to merely be in your presence, catching in his throat every time he recalled your laugh in his ears. To see you once again had been his drive, and when he sheathed his sword and tightened his bone mask to his face, he knew he was ready.