II. BLOOD, PAIN AND GOD

THE next morning, Raphael woke up Guinevere and sent her to deliver a vest he had patched for a fellow villager

THE next morning, Raphael woke up Guinevere and sent her to deliver a vest he had patched for a fellow villager. She took her cloak and put it around her, to shield her body from the cold.

Taking the vest, she left her house, saying goodbye to her patents.
On her way, Guinevere saw Squirrel struggling to pick up a fruit from a tree.

"Do you need help, little knight?" she asked smiling.

" Yeah, thanks Guin!"

Guinevere picked up the fruit with no effort, she was a really tall girl for her age and the fact that the Sky Falk were small by nature didn't help. She enjoyed beging tall however.

She handed the fruit to the blonde boy and he thanked her again.

" Where are you going?"

"I am doing a deliver for my father, a vest for Leon, that dude with lots of animals."

Squirrel wanted to say something else, but suddenly they heard screams. Turning her back, Guinevere saw a lot of men dressed in red robes with different weapones, the Red Paladins...

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear was clouding her mind, what should she do now? She had to find her dad, but what about Squirrel?
The small boy left her side, running to the village. She took a deep breath, trying to calm down and ran after the boy, trying to find her family.

Her legs felt weak from the fear, but she kept running like crazy, looking for her parents. A Red Paladin grabbed her waist, lifting her.

She was screaming and kicking, she wasn't going to die, not today, not by the hand of these cruel people...

The Red Paladin took her near a fire, he was going to burn her alive...
Guinevere felt a rush of wild and chaotic power in her soul, she eyed the flames rising higher and circling the Red Paladin. His cloak was on fire and he dropped Guinevere.

She took advantage of this, pushing the man on the ground as the flames took over him. It was like that episoade in her childhood when she burned a curtain. Guinevere felt a little guilty, but she tried to brush it off, these killers don't deserve her regret.

She managed to run to her cottage, only to find it on fire and her parent's lifeless bodies lying in front of the door. Tears were running down her cheeks, she could feel her heart shatter in millions of tiny pieces.

"Born in the dawn, to pass in the twilight..." she said sadly looking at Raphael's dead body. Celest was next to him, but her death wasn't so important to Guinevere.

Taking her father's sword, she hurried to escape this hell. On her way, she bumped into Squirrel.

"Guin! Come on, let's go to The Old Men Rock!" she nodded, taking his hand.

A Red Paladin cut their way, raising his sword, she had a weapon herself, but Guinevere was no warrior, she couldn't fight. There were no fires around and she couldn't control her magic too well, but it was worth to try...

The men tried to hit Squirrel but Guinevere pushed him away, causing the sword to cut her leg, it wasn't too deep, but it hurt a lot.

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She felt that rush of power again, turning around to face the men, she raised her hand, nothing happened at first, but then he flew into a tree hitting his head.

Squirrel took her hand and hurried to the rock. She was sweating from the pain, her lips and hands slightly trembeling. They arrived to the spot and Guinevere stood on the grass, her back against the cold stone.

"Are you alright?" the blonde boy asked worried.

"Yeah, I'll be fine..." she answered, her voice a little weak.

"I saw what you did to that paladin, since when do you have magic?"

Guinevere simply shurugged
"Since forever, I guess..."

"But why haven't you said anything about it?"

"Have you seen how they treat Nimue? I didn't want that for me. "

"I would never change my opinion on you, I like you with or without magic." Squirrel told her.

She smiled at the sweet boy. Her parents were dead and she wasn't sure if she is going to see her brother again, Squirrel was all she had now. Guinevere was going to protect the boy, his family was most likely dead as well. It was her duty to keep him safe.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were staying there for some time, the pain in Guinevere's leg was still present, but it was suportabille now.

She was looking at her father's sword, pain filled her heart at the memory of Raphael, the men who loved her and cared for her. The kind hearted tailor...

Squirrel was also sitting with his back against the stone, playing with some woodsticks. The athmosfere was peacefull, well as peacefull as a battelfield could be.

Guinevere's toughts were intrrerupted by a deep and husky voice:

"Born in the dawn..."