Chapter 5- Sarada's Decision

Anu didn't reveal her termination to her family the previous night. As her family was already in tenterhooks, she felt that her state would pain them more. She packed her lunch and started from her house as usual in the morning when she visited Sarada. When she returned early in the afternoon, her mother got confused.

"Anu, you returned early?" - Seetha questioned.

"Yes, Mom, I don't have to go there anymore" - she replied with a full smile.

That happened to be sad news. But Anu's face was as bright as a sunflower, and her mother was confused for a while. Then Anu narrated the entire thing that happened earlier and the willingness of Sarada to help their family. Her parents felt indebted towards Sarada. They felt like an unexpected fortune.

Anu took her father to the hospital. They were given royal treatment as Sarada was directly involved in this matter. Even the management arranged a Kidney donor. The operation was scheduled, and Anu's father Mohan was happy and nervous at the same time.

Likewise, Anu was also anxious about her work. If she has to remain with Sarada, one day or other she would meet Dev who is already glowering at her. Anu talked with Sarada in between and asked about her job.

"You just have to accompany me wherever I go" - was her answer.

Anu was very much confused. She even expressed her willingness to be a cook, but Sarada refused the idea straight away as she had a different plan in her mind.

The past few days were very frantic for Sarada. As Dev agreed to marry whomever she points, she decided to fix the marriage at the earliest, as he may go back on his words. She approached some match-maker services and searched for a beautiful girl in the city. If someone seems to be gorgeous, they lacked manners. But if they are mannered they failed to be brainy. Sarada very well knew that Dev would treat the so-called wife as a mere object, without any sentiment. So she intends to find a girl who is personable with an attachment towards the family, who can subdue her son. Though the prosperous girls were from well-settled families, money is not her prime concern. She feared those girls who are princesses to their parents might feel disappointed towards Dev's heedless behaviour. There only Anu came into her mind.

As Sarada developed a fondness towards Anu, wherever she searches for a bride, Anu's face only came to her mind. Sarada was captivated by Anu's warm look that is devoid of any craftiness. Most of all, Anu's bond towards her family was an important quality Sarada admired. So she decided to set in action.

Surprisingly, Dev was at the dinner table that day. He used to return home late when Sarada would be in the mid of her sleep.

"Hi Mom, I am hungry" - he recorded his presence.

"What a pleasant surprise Dev, today you accompanied me for dinner, otherwise I will eat all alone" - she fake pouted.

"I am here right, let's eat" - he smiled.

The dinner was silent Sarada felt restless and was fidgeting her hands.

"Why you look tensed, Mom?" - he inquired.

"No dear, is that your final statement that you will marry anyone I show?" - she questioned with pleading eyes.

"What doubt in that, I told know, marriage is the least important thing in my life, and I will marry even a donkey if you show" - he chuckled.

"Be serious, Dev, this is your life!"

"Okay..okay...I think you selected someone, that's why you are tensed?"

"It's like a yes, but I don't know how you will react?"

"C'mon, Mom you can trust me on this, just tell me the venue, and I will come and marry her, okay" -

"You don't have to see her?"

"No Mom, this is your wish, you do whatever you like, but don't plan for a big fat wedding, we can just register in the office. I don't want to get a married man image, you see I may lose my followers" - he smiled.

Dev is an open book. He doesn't have any family sentiments and not ready for any serious relationship. He is of a Casanova type who keeps on changing his partners like clothes. He agreed to this marriage only for the sake of Sarada.

Sarada felt relieved by his words. "I have to talk to Anu and her parents" - she thought to herself.

The kidney transplant operation was a grand success, and Mohan was shifted to the normal ward. As promised, Sarada paid a visit to the hospital.

"Hello Mam" - Anu greeted Sarada.

"This is my father Mohan, and this is my Mother Seetha" - she introduced her parents.

"Hello all, I am Sarada"

"Thank you! Madam for your timely help" - Mohan said with tears in his eyes.

"It's nothing, I am happy that I can do" - she said modestly.

"You are humble, but you can't imagine how much relief you brought in our lives" - he thanked.

"Leave it, don't strain yourself; take care of your health."

She talked with them for a while and handed over many nutritious items that she had brought along with her.

"Okay, it's time, I have to go" - she announced.

"Dad, let me send her off and come" - Anu went along with Sarada to the hospital lobby.

"Anu can we talk for a while?" - Sarada questioned.

Anu also felt the need of talking with her, as she has to discuss her job. So she happily went along with Sarada who entered the management building of the hospital, where she would rest whenever she visits this hospital.

"Tell me, Madam, when can I join the work?" - Anu asked politely.

"First, don't call me Madam, call me Mom or Auntie" - she smiled.

Anu felt confused. "Why she is behaving strangely" - she thought.

"Will you marry my son, Anu?" - Sarada asked more like a request.

Anu felt dumbfounded by her words. She never expected these words from her mouth. When all her thoughts were about her job, Sarada's sudden request startled her.