Chapter 22 Public Declaration

Though Anu refused to come with him, Dev felt happy after their little conversation. He reached his house with a smile on his lips. Likewise, Anu also felt good about his change, but she was clueless about her next move.

Sitting on a couch, Anu was sipping her tea the next day. Mugil entered the house with a smirk on his face.

"Correct timing, you want tea?" Anu welcomed him.

"What, why are you grinning like this?" she questioned.

"How you tamed that idiot, Anu. He is a different person now." Mugil said with a smile.

"Nothing." she gestured.

"Nothing, you don't know how much impact you created on him. Aunty was waiting for this day to come, but she is no more." He said.

"I also wish that she could be with us. Without her, I would have been somewhere helpless. All this life is only because of her. I can't even repay my kindness to her." Anu said emotionally.

"No, Anu, you are now the family's backbone. " Mugil said, his face expressionless.

"Okay, enough about me; how is your progress?"

"What progress?" Mugil asked innocently.

"Your progress with Riya," Anu said with a mischievous smirk.

"I am trying, Anu. But she is tough to reach."

I already informed her about your interest; you have to try hard, brother."

"What?" Mugil got excited about this new information.

"Yes, I informed her about you. But it is your place to propose her."

"First, let me be friends with her. She is like an introvert, you know." He huffed.

"Let it be, what happened to your MBA plan." He tried to change the subject.

"He doesn't like me working, isn't he?" Anu asked.

"Maybe. But if you wish, I think, he won't protest," He answered.

"Yeah, he won't. But he will ask me to work for him". Am I right?" She asked cheekily.

Mugil didn't answer her, as what she said was true. Both smiled knowingly.

"Honestly, I am clueless; whether to work or join a college. I just want to be an independent woman who has her earnings." She expressed her true feelings.

"You are Anu. You have your assets. For that only, I came here. Sarada aunty transferred one of our companies in your name and deposited ten crore rupees on your account. She asked me to hand it over to you when the time comes. Because of the series of incidents, I can't talk with you about this in-between."

"What?" Anu was shocked to hear this. As Sarada's death was an unexpected one when she decided to write a will on her." She thought to herself.

Like reading her mind, Mugil explained. "Long back, Anu, soon after your marriage. She was not pleased with Dev's behaviour. So, she decided to secure your future financially. She loved you a lot."

Anu cannot control her tears. Those beautiful days which she had spent with Sarada flashed in her mind. Composing herself, she said with a feeble voice.

"I don't want any money, Mugil. Does Dev know about this? what is his reaction?"

"Yeah, while transferring itself, he knew. I Hope Dev won't mind this at all. As you saw, he even bought a company in your name. If you want, you can take over the charge of the company. Already, I am depositing the revenue from that company in your account only."

"Can you listen to me, Anu? You join your MBA. You got a good score on GMAT. Once you finish, You can look after this company." He added.

Anu felt bad, and she thought she is taking advantage of their money. But joining MBA was her dream. Like sensing her anxiety, he consoled.

"Anu, you are a part of the family. That fellow needs your presence. There is nothing wrong with this. Don't overthink. See, we have so much works, and we have to apply to the college and all, okay."

After Mugil's continuous suggestion, she agreed. They discussed the college and the convocation ceremony. Though Anu refused at first, Mugil handed over the ATM card and the bank details to her. But Anu stubbornly refused to take the company transfer agreements. She asked him to give that to Dev itself.

Anu's convocation was to take place in five days. Reshma and Raj, Anu's friends were overjoyed to see her after a short break, and they arranged a surprise for her after their convocation. Anu had promised Dev that she would invite him to her convocation.

The day had finally arrived. The award presentation took place in the college auditorium at about 4.30 p.m. Anu reserved a seat for Dev. Her parents didn't come, and only her brother Arjun accompanied her. They all along with Reshma and Raj were seated in the same row. The function started, and the Managing Director of some steel industry came as a Chief guest. When he was addressing the gathering, Dev entered the hall. He dialled Anu's mobile number. After seeing him, Anu waved her hand.

Dev noticed Raj sitting on the other side of her when he was about to settle on his chair. So, he gestured Anu to take his chair, and he seated in between Anu and Raj and sent daggers at

Raj. Raj, who was already scared of Dev's attitude bent down his head.

After the Chief Guest's address, the degree was awarded to the candidates. When each student was getting their certificate, the Chief guest noticed Dev sitting next to Anu and was surprised to see him there. Dev being a business magnet always presided over such functions, and his presence in the audience section surprised him. So, he asked for a mic and requested Dev to accompany him. This sudden announcement made everyone turn their head towards Dev. With a smile, he reached the stage and started distributing the certificates. When Anu's turn came, Dev was the one who handed her the degree certificate. Like warning her admirers and announcing their relation, he took the mic and announced,

"I am very proud of my wife; After so many setbacks, she achieved it. "

Saying he hugged her and posed for the photographs. Nobody in her college knows that Anu is married and that too with a multi-billionaire like Dev. The crowd cheered the couple. Though Anu felt a little embarrassed, she felt happy that Dev declared their relationship in public. After the ceremony, the paparazzi surrounded them.

"Mr.Satyadev, when you got married?"

"Introduce your wife."

Like this, so many questions came. Dev patiently replied to everyone. Throughout, he didn't leave Anu and was continuously holding her hands.