Happy Accidents

It was difficult to keep who his soulmate was under wraps. Sykkuno wanted nothing more than to tell his friends who it was, because Felix and Sean had started playing Among Us with him, but if he did, he just knew that his friends would try to get him to watch Corpse's videos. Not that he didn't want to, because he most definitely did, but they both agreed to wait until they actually met. Sykkuno assumes it was so there would be no expectations. But after he tried to kill himself, Sykkuno needed nothing more than his friend's comfort. He didn't tell them why, and they didn't push which he was grateful for. They spent that time watching bad soap operas and drinking. He just knew that Poki was trying to get him drunk because his mixed drink wasn't quite mixed.  

Sykkuno hated the anxiety he had from waiting to hear from Corpse. He hadn't written to him in three days, he had no idea if he was okay or if he was still in the hospital. It took all of his self-control to not ask which hospital he was at so he could visit him. He was sure that's not how Corpse wanted to meet him. When he finally got word that he was okay, they talked for about three hours that night. He was relieved to hear that Corpse had a friend staying with him. Sykkuno took a mental note to hopefully thank his friend later.

It has become a common occurrence for Sykkuno to fall asleep while they write to each other. He always felt bad but Corpse never took it personally. The next morning, the brunette had accidentally slept in till noon. He could hear the other residents of the house, Toast and Rae playing Mario Kart, Lily and Poki were probably cooking while Sean and Felix were getting things ready for their lobby later. They were going to be playing with CinnamonToastKen and Boyinaband, both really good friends of Felix from when he started his channel. Sykkuno was excited to meet them and since their stream was going to start in an hour, he got up to get ready for the day.

His morning routine hasn't changed much in the past four years. Get up, grab some clothes and a towel, go to the bathroom, turn the shower on hot, get in, scrub his arms clean of ink he left because he needed the room for later, and then wash the rest of his body and hair. On normal days, he and Corpse talked almost every night. Sykkuno attributed that to his insomnia, as his soulmate described it, and he's gotten used to it over the years. Not one to take long showers, he quickly got out and began drying himself off, however, his eyes were drawn to something red on his skin that he was in the mirror.

'A Rose for my Soulmate' was scrawled along the stem of a beautifully drawn rose, clearly Corpse's sloppy handwriting. Sykkuno stared at it, tracing the lines of the flower with his fingertips and admired the shading work. He had no idea Corpse could draw! Without a second's hesitation, he haphazardly threw on his hoodie and rushed to his room in just his boxers (but no one saw thank goodness), grabbing his phone and snapping a picture. He sat on this bed, just looking at the picture for probably a good 10 minutes. His cheeks were beginning to hurt with how much he was smiling and he decided to quickly write out 'Wow, you're amazing at drawing Corpse! I love it!' on his knee. This was something he couldn't keep from his friends.

Pulling on basketball shorts, he threw his door open and slid into the living room, grabbing everyone's attention at his sudden entrance. Sykkuno stood in front of the tv, lifting the right leg of his shorts up with a bright smile. Lily was the first to react, letting loose an ear-piercing squeal as she dove forward to inspect the rose. Sean and Rae were close to follow and he was a bit relieved that Toast, Felix, Poki, and Grease decided to stay back.

"Oh my gosh 'Kuno, you two are so freaking adorable, it's almost disgusting." Rae gushed, trying to act grossed out but failing miserably because the happiness shone through her eyes. There were a few more minutes of fawning before Felix had to break it because they needed to start their stream. It was rude to keep Dave and Ken waiting and Sykkuno honestly needed a breather. They all went into their separate rooms to begin their setup process. Sykkuno was a little slower than the others but they didn't need to know it was because he was constantly checking his arms and legs for more writing.