Advice

The walk back to his place was unpleasant, to say the least. Sykkuno wasn't mad at Corpse by any means, he hadn't intended for him to see those marks. The brunette didn't have any scars of his own that would appear on Corpse's own skin so, in his mind, it made sense that the other man wouldn't know they would be there for as long as they are on him. His heart had nearly stopped in his chest when he finally caught on to what made his soulmate switch emotions so fast. And while a majority of his face was covered, Sykkuno could read him like an open book. In his eye, he could see how ashamed he was and how guilty he felt. If he had just been a little bit faster, he could've comforted him.

That morning, he had slept past his alarm. He remembered waking up in a panic because the last thing he wanted to do was to keep Corpse waiting. It would've been embarrassing and downright awful of him. So, he got ready in a hurry, barely saying goodbye and completely ignoring his friend's hoots of encouragement. He had just reached the park, looking down at his phone to check the time when he felt himself hit a wall of black. Almost immediately he was flustered, feeling the stranger grab onto his arm to prevent him from falling completely. As he was stuttering out his apologies, he heard that deep voice he's grown to love say his name.

Almost instinctively, he met the deep brown gaze of the man he knew was Corpse. His face was mostly covered but the one eye he could see reeled him in completely. He could see the nervousness and excitement that swam in them, his wavy (curly?) hair framing his face so nicely. It looked so soft and Sykkuno wanted nothing more than to touch it. Another thing he noticed right away was Corpse's impeccable fashion style. It was something he could easily appreciate. And he smelled of vanilla and spice, it easily overwhelmed his senses. But almost immediately, he noticed his soulmate's eye drift down to his arm, sadness and alarm taking over completely.

No, Sykkuno couldn't bear to picture that look again. It held so much pain and his heart would break for this man that was struggling so much. And as much as it almost did, he knew Corpse doesn't want pity, he needs someone who understands and Sykkuno had already decided he would be just that.

Sykkuno hadn't realized he made it back until he was in front of the door to their house. He stared at the doorknob, debating on if he should just go somewhere else to think but honestly, he needed his friends. Because he had no idea what to do. And so, with a sigh, he opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him and meeting the eyes of everyone in the living room. They were clearly confused as to why he was back already but they took one look at him and realized something went wrong.

Toast ushered him to the couch, offering to grab him a drink or food but Sykkuno declined. He took a seat next to him, Rae on his other side, while Poki and Lily sat in the armchairs. Charlie, Felix, and Sean were on the floor in front of the tv. No one pressured him to talk, they just waited, occasionally exchanging worried glances. Sykkuno could practically feel the anger radiating off of Rae, probably thinking Corpse had hurt him in some way and that's how he knew he had to tell them everything. The last thing he wanted was for them to hate Corpse. Taking a deep breath, Sykkuno finally managed to look up from his lap to pull out his arm.

"Corpse...I don't think he knew that any scars he has will appear on my skin." His voice sounded foreign to his ears, so defeated and upset all at the same time. "We literally bumped into each other and when he grabbed my arm to make sure I wouldn't fall, he saw them. He looked so," The tears pricked at his eyes, the lump in his throat making it hard to talk but he had to. He had to keep going. "He looked so guilty and ashamed of himself. I don't know what to do." Sykkuno broke after that, sobbing into Toast's shoulder when it was offered to him.

They all got pretty drunk that night, feeling as if their friend needed to have a little distraction while they figured out the next step. Sykkuno convinced them all that Corpse hadn't hurt him, he was just so worried about what terrible things his soulmate is no doubt thinking. They all knew that the mysterious YouTuber was very open about his struggles with his fans and in lobbies, he often threw around self-deprecating comments about himself. So they all agreed that Sykkuno's worries were very much justified.