4.02 Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester - part 2

(Third POV)

Dean and Sam enter the house, guns cocked and ready. "Y/n? Bobby?" Dean yells, getting no answer. They find the iron poker on the ground and look at each other with worry. "I'll go upstairs. You check outside." Dean says, making Sam nod his way.

Sam walks through the junkyard. Bobby is in a car with the two girls, who are keeping him quiet. "Bobby? Y/n?" Sam yells. Bobby hears him but is silenced by the two girls.

...

Dean is upstairs, searching. "Y/n?! Bobby?" Dean yells. A door opens, slowly, no one is visible. "Come out, come out, whoever you are." Dean taunts. A young woman with shoulder-length brown hair appears behind him. "Dean Winchester. Still so bossy. You don't recognize me?" she asks.

Dean flashes back to Meg when she was blonde and possessed. "This is what I looked like before that demon cut off my hair and dressed me like a slut." She says again. "Meg?" Dean asks cautiously. "Hi. It's okay, I'm not a demon." She says smirking.

"You're the girl the demon possessed." Dean says, making the girl nod. "Meg Masters. Nice to finally talk to you when I'm not, you know, choking on my own blood. It's okay. Seriously, I'm just a college girl. Sorry -- was. I was walking home one night and got jumped by all this smoke. Next thing you know, I'm a prisoner... (puts a hand to her head) in here. Now, I was awake. I had to watch while she murdered people." She says, making Dean look at her sadly.

"I'm sorry." He says. "Oh, yeah? So sorry you had me thrown off a building?" she yells back at him. "Well, we thought –" Dean begins, but is cut off by Meg. "No, you didn't think! I kept waiting, praying! I was trapped in there screaming at you! 'Just help me, please!' You're supposed to help people, Dean. Why didn't you help me?" she asks.

"I'm sorry." Dean says again. "Stop saying you're sorry!" Meg yells at him. Meg slaps Dean and knocks him to the floor. "Meg. Meg..." Dean slowly says, making her kick him. "We didn't know." Dean insists. "No... You just attacked. Did you ever think there was a girl in here? No. You just charged in, slashing and burning. You think you're some kind of hero?" Meg asks.

"No, I don't." Dean says immediately. Meg grabs hold of Dean's jacket. Her hand has a brand on it. "You're damn right. Do you have any idea what it's like to be ridden for months by pure evil... while your family has no idea what happened to you?" she asks. "We did the best we could." Dean says frowning. Meg shoves Dean and kicks him again.

...

The girls still hold Bobby captive. "Are you scared, Bobby?" One of the two girls asks. "We were scared, Bobby." The other one says. "When the monster came for us... and grabbed us tight." The first one says again. "And we couldn't even scream. You were right there, Bobby." The second girl says again, making Bobby's eyes widen.

"You were in the house." The first one says again, cocking her head to the side. "You were so close." The second one says. Sam is outside searching for Bobby. His breath becomes visible. "Bobby?" he yells. "You could have saved us, Bobby." The second girl says again.

"You walked right past that door." The first one says again. "The monster had us. And you didn't find us." The second girl says sadly. "And now they won't find you." The first one says in a threatening manner.

...

Dean is still on the floor, Meg standing over him. "It wasn't just me, Dean. I had a sister. A little sister. You know what that's like right? She worshipped me. You know how little siblings are... How they'll do anything for you. She was never the same after I disappeared. She just... she just got lost. And when my body was lying in the morgue beat-up and broken..." she says, making Dean think about how Y/n or Sam would feel.