4.08 Wishful Thinking - part 2

(Your POV)

The fountain has been drained of all water and Dean is sweeping the coins together. "Typical fountain, plaster Buddha. Nothing I can see." Dean says, making me frown. "Yes, nothing. We keep a clean place here." The waiter says again, making me roll my eyes.

"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave during the preliminary investigation, okay? Thank you." I say, seeing him nod at me. "Oh, come on. Aren't you two a little bit tempted?" Dean asks, looking at Sam and I. "Maybe a little..." I say, seeing Sam shake his head. "No. Wouldn't be real. I wouldn't trust it." Sam says, making me nod.

"I don't know. That bear seemed pretty real." Dean says, smiling at me. "Also true." I say, thinking about it. Dean flips a coin my way and I catch it, a feeling of dread filling me when I look at it. In the distance I hear the sound of some sort of thunder when I turn the coin around. "So? Are you going to wish for anything?" Dean asks me, looking at me questioningly.

"I uhm... No, I'm gonna pass." I say, giving Dean the coin again. "Sam?" Dean asks again, making him shake his head as well. "Come on, if you could wish yourself back, you know, before it all started... Think about it. You'd be some big yuppie lawyer with a nice car and a white picket fence." Dean says at Sam.

"Not what I'd wish for." Sam says, making me look at him. "Seriously?" I ask confused. "It's too late to go back to our old lives. I'm not that guy anymore." Sam says, shrugging his shoulders. "All right, well, what, then? Hmm? What would Sammy and Y/n wish for?" Dean asks, making me frown in thought.

"Answers..." I whisper lowly so he couldn't hear me. "Lilith's head on a plate. Bloody." Sam says, making me snap my head back to him. "Okay. What is that?" Dean then asks, pointing at an old coin. "Some kind of old coin." I say. "I don't recognize the markings." Sam says, getting closer to it.

"Damn." Dean says when he tries to lift the coin. "Lift with your legs." I say, seeing him look at me with narrow eyes. "Is that little mother welded on there?" Dean exclaims, when he tries again and it doesn't move an inch. Dean leaves the restaurant and comes back with a hammer and a crowbar.

"Hey, hey, hey, what is this?! You are gonna break my fountain!" the waiter says. "Sir, I don't want to slap you with a 44/16, but I will" Sam says, making the waiter back away. "All right, thanks." Sam says, walking over to the fountain.

"Let me see that. I got an idea." Dean says, taking the crowbar and placing it against the coin. He then slams the hammer down on it, breaking the hammer. "Damn!" I say, seeing the broken hammer and no scratch on the coin. "Coin's magical." Sam says.

"Boy, I'd say. I think it's hoodoo that's protecting the well. I don't think we can destroy this." Dean says. Sam traces the coin and gives the paper to Dean. "All right, here. You two got to look into this." Sam says, walking away. "Where you going?" I ask confused. "Something just occurred to me." Sam says, leaving the restaurant.

...

Sam comes into the room, seeing me sitting at the table in front of the laptop. We hear Dean being sick in the bathroom and I make a face at the sound. "Dean? You all right?" Sam asks, looking through the bathroom door at Dean.

"The wishes turn bad, Sam. The wishes turn very bad." Dean says, making me laugh. "The sandwich, huh?" Sam says, making him throw up again. "Yup." I say, turning the computer around to Sam.

"The coin was Babylonian. It's cursed. I found some fragments of a legend. The, uh... the serpent is Tiamat, which is the, uh, Babylonian god of primordial chaos. I guess their, uh, priests were working some serious black magic." I say, hearing Dean throw up again.