4.04 Metamorphosis - part 2

(Third POV)

Jack is sitting by the bar and he grabs a handful of peanuts and shoves them in his mouth, staring in front of him. He's sweaty and doesn't look all that great. Jack shoves another handful of peanuts in his mouth, chewing frantically. He downs his full glass of whiskey in one gulp.

"One more, please." Jack says. He puts down the glass as the bartender comes over and refills it. "Can I get some more peanuts?" he then asks.

Jack grabs the glass to drink again but notices something in the mirror behind the bar. He brings the glass down again and stares at himself. He's breathing deeply, like he's been running.

"Come on. What are you drinking? It's my treat." A man at the bar says. Jack looks over to his right where a beautiful woman is sitting by the bar and a not so beautiful man is crowding her, doing a very lousy job at hitting on her. She looks very uncomfortable.

"No, thank you." The woman says. "Oh, don't be like that. Have a drink with me." The man says again. "I'm waiting for someone." The woman says, trying to move away from him. "Okay, well uh, where is he?" the man asks, looking around and smirking.

"Hey, douche bag." Jack says. The man and the woman both look over at Jack. "She doesn't want to talk to you." Jack says annoyed. "I'm sorry. I didn't hear you." The man says. Jack gets of his chair and begins walking towards them. "I said... She doesn't want to talk to you." Jack says again.

The man walks around the woman to meet Jack. The woman looks even more uncomfortable now. "You fat... sweaty... dick." Jack says. He stops right in front of the man, and they stand face to face. "Now leave her alone." Jacks says again.

"You uh... seriously wanna do this, guy?" the man says, smirking at Jack. "You know, I really think I do." Jacks says. The man brings up his right fist and goes to punch Jack, but Jack catches his fist in his hand and squeezes it so the bones crunch. The man screams with pain and the woman screams out of fear. Jack suddenly snaps out of it and releases the man's hand and runs away.

...

(Your POV)

"So fire, huh?" Dean asks Travis. "The only way I found to kill these bastards; deep-fry 'em." Travis says, making me scrunch up my nose. "Well, that's gonna be... horrible. Is that what you did to Jack's dad?" Dean asks, making Travis nod.

"Not wasting any time, are you?" Sam asks, walking back into the room. "None to waste. The guy hulks out, we won't be finding bodies, just remains." Travis says matter-of-factly. I can see Sam frown at that. "What if he doesn't hulk out? I did a little homework. Uh, I've been checking out the lore on Rougarou's." Sam says, making me raise my eyebrows at him.

"What? My 30 years of experience not good enough for you?" Travis asks offended. "What? No. No, I-I- I just wanted to be prepared. I mean, not that you didn't..." Sam says nervously. "Sam loves research. He does. He keeps it under his mattress right next to his KY. It's a sickness." Dean says, saving Sam.

"It is." He then says to Sam, looking at him intently. "Look, everything you said checked out, of course, but uh. I found a couple of interesting stories about people who have this Rougarou gene or whatever. See, they start to turn, but they never take the final step." Sam says, making me look at him intrigued.

"That's possible?" I ask, making Sam nod at me. "See, if they never eat human flesh, they don't fully transform." Sam says happily. "So what? Go vegan, stay human?" Dean asks. "Basically. Or in this case, eat a lot of raw meat, just not..." Sam says, being interjected by Dean. "Long pig." Dean says, making me smile at my idiot of a brother. "Right." Sam says, rolling his eyes.