CONFESSIONS

AUTHOR NOTE: I think I need a tissue.......

ARTHUR PENDRAGON

Arthur screamed Merlins name as he hit the floor and he rushed forward pulling Merlin into his lap a sob escaping his lips when he saw that Merlins shirt was drenched in blood from the gaping wound in his stomach. 

With shaking hands Arthur covered the wound though he knew that it wouldn't help, Merlin was losing too much blood and Arthur only had the vaguest idea on how to help him, they usually went to Merlin when they got wounded. Arthur ripped the hem of his cloak and placed it against Merlins wound hoping that the fabric would be better at staunching the bleeding than his hands.

"Come on Merlin you can't go now" Arthur said voice shaking, he blinked back tears though he knew it was futile.

"Merlin please I don't know what to do" Arthur bowed his head over his friend holding him tighter. 

Dammit! Why couldn't he have magic like Morgana then he could heal him just as Merlin had done, why did Merlin have to be the one who always had to suffer? Another sob escaped him and he glared at the limp form of the bounty hunter wishing that he had been the one to have killed him, yet again Merlin had saved his life and he knew that it had been the spell that had caused him to lose consciousness, if Arthur hadn't allowed his emotions to cloud his moves then he wouldn't have been disarmed and Merlin wouldn't of had to use the last of his strength to help him. 

Arthur yelled in frustration and anguish though he knew no one could hear him, he couldn't stay here; he had to get Merlin back to Gaius or better yet Athena. Merlins sister would probably slit Arthur's throat for having put Merlin in this situation in the first place, she had lost him once he didn't think she would appreciate it happening again but at the moment he didn't care, she could yell and scream at him all she wanted as long as she was able to save him. 

He needed Merlin to live, how could he be King without Merlin by his side? Merlin had always been there for him now it was Arthurs turn. Arthur could finally pay him back for everything Merlin had done though he knew that saving his life once paled in comparison to everything Merlin had done for him. 

Arthur couldn't lose Merlin not before he had the chance to tell him that he loved him. 

God why had he waited this long? He should have told him years ago. 

He steeled himself and gently lifted Merlin up in his arms holding him close to his chest ignoring the fact that he was covering himself in Merlins blood, he started to make his way back to Camelot. Arthur knew that he had to get back quickly so that Gaius had a chance at saving him so he ignored the protest of his body and continued to walk well past sundown only stopping when he started stumbling from exhaustion almost dropping Merlin in the process.

......

Arthur was just wishing that he knew how to make a fire, he had never felt so useless, he checked on Merlin who was still out and frowned in concern, Merlin was shivering. Arthur changed the bandage wincing at how pale he looked though he hoped it was just the fact that he couldn't see all that well. 

Arthur laid down next to Merlin once he had finished and wrapped them both in his cloak pulling Merlin close and he buried his head in Merlins neck wishing that he was awake. Arthur tried to stay awake and keep watch in case more bounty hunters found them but he was exhausted and he could barely keep his eyes open. 

Arthur dozed restlessly the slightest noise making him snap awake, Merlin was moaning in his sleep and Arthur ran his hands through his hair trying to soothe him, Merlin whimpered his shaking becoming more prominent and Arthur cursed wrapping his arms around Merlin holding him tight, he slowly started to talk not paying any attention to what was coming out of his mouth but just wanting Merlin to know that here was there.