Chapter 6

And just like that, for the past 2 weeks, i would get a text from the same number every night at 2:45. The person never texted back, but as odd as it sounded, i found comfort in the fact that i wasn't alone. In the fact that someone else out there understood what i went through.

I didn't mind having to stay up late anymore. Because when i did, i was rewarded with a warm feeling in my chest when i got a text that may seem depressing, because it is, but it makes me feel normal.

As normal as possible.

Unknown:
I don't feel sad right now. I just feel empty.

I understood that feeling completely.

Is it possible that feeling empty is also an emotion?

Like, i feel hollow.

Like its just me and whoever keeps texting me.

Like I'm struggling on my own.

Like theres nothing there to fill that void.

Like all feelings are temporary.

I would give anything to feel temporary peace. Even if it was just for a few moments. I want to know what its like again. Because its been so long since I've felt it, that I've forgotten what it's like.

Tyler:
Whats your name?

I sent the text, knowing that the person probably wasn't going to reply, but i took my chances. I was wishing for anything at this point that would make me feel like i had someone. To my surprise, a text came through a few minutes later.

Unknown:
Blaine.

It was simple. I liked it.

Tyler:
My name's Tyler.

Blaine:
Simple. I like it.

I laughed out loud to myself as i read his text that used the same words i used to describe him. I laughed. Actually laughed. For the first time in a long time.

Thanks. I like your name too.

Unfortunately, that was the end of our conversation because after 20 minutes, he haven't responded, so i allowed myself to fall asleep.